D4 Pilot

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Iain

D4 Pilot

Postby Iain » 11 Dec 2006, 20:31

Going to be setting this up ( the Pilot that is) as a back up to the main desk. Any one have any advice or spotted bugs in it's installation? Thanks, Iain
LD Andy

Postby LD Andy » 21 Dec 2006, 17:55

I have been using the Pilot for a year now as a backup for the D4. The only issue I have had is either the Pilot, or the EZ Dmx doesn't always connect with the software. This only happens sometimes,and only when it's connected after the computer has started up. If I restart it remedy's the issue, and all is well. I have been very impressed with the setup, and was surprised the first time I used it to find the flying faders, which is just so nice, and easy to jump from one fader bank to another.
Iain

Postby Iain » 22 Dec 2006, 03:39

Thanks for the reply. Yepper, got everything working, flying faders n all. I did notice a tendency for the PC the reload the drivers after a reboot, but that was probably a settings thing or a boot up order.

However the another question I have is did you manage to get the back up PC to track the programing from the D4? I'm not quite sure how one would achieve this but I have a feeling it's probably a midi configuration. I haven't tried, my boss would not except a "Well I was just trying to..." whilst standing next smoldering Avo parts. Later, thanks for the reply
LD Andy

Postby LD Andy » 22 Dec 2006, 14:23

Last time I checked it wasn't possible to link the two, due to the fact that the midi was only used for timecode. I imagine that they will implement that in the future.
Iain

Postby Iain » 22 Dec 2006, 21:31

I guess that means a terribly exciting time if you have to use the back up! Have a great time during da holidaze
LD Andy

Postby LD Andy » 22 Dec 2006, 21:55

Yeah, I usually manually chase on the TV shows, and corporate events that move slower. For the fast stuff I just set up a "Safe Scene" and let it sit. The good thing is that I haven't had to use it as a B/U. Have a great Christmas, I will be loading a show in Christmas morning.
Andy