Using External touchscreen laptop

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Madwokkel

Using External touchscreen laptop

Postby Madwokkel » 16 Jan 2023, 20:02

Hi Guys,

First of all; I'm Dennis, ntmu! I'm quite new in the world of lighting and it fascinates me to bits..! It's a great new world that opened right up for me and I'm learning every day!

Next week I have to do a show on a Pearl Export without a touchscreen. For some reason the venue can't provide it. (I think it's broken).
I own a dell touchscreen laptop and I was wondering if it's possible to use my laptop touchscreen as an external screen. Is that possible?

Looking forward to the answer :D
Gregory

Re: Using External touchscreen laptop

Postby Gregory » 16 Jan 2023, 20:43

What you might be able to do is network the laptop to the Pearl Expert and start a multi-user session between the two. You would need to have exactly the same version of Titan installed and running on both (using Avolites PC Suite for the laptop). Note if running v12.0 or above the laptop would require an AvoKey to run the software, previous versions could run Titan Simulator with just a software licence. You should make the Pearl Expert the main/master console in this setup by connecting to it from the laptop. Even if the two machines are using the same user (settings) and handle world (layout of patch and recorded items) they will act separately in regards to the programmer but fire and kill the same playbacks.