Handle Paging doesn't work on Playbacks window

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis.A

Handle Paging doesn't work on Playbacks window

Postby Alexis.A » 24 Dec 2022, 16:06

Hi.

On my shows, i usualy use the Playbacks windows with his differents pages on an external screen plugged on my Sapphire touch.
I noted that my cues assigned on this Playbacks windows doesn't respond correctly to the handle paging configuration. Even they are configured on "Unlocked", the behaviour of these cues seems like they was on "Locked". For exemple, if i run a cue assigned on page 1, this cue is displayed on all other pages even if de handle paging is configured on "Unlocked".
This issue is only on playbacks windows. On other executors of my sapphire, Handle Paging have a goode behavior.

It is normal or it is a bug ?
(My Sapphire Touch run on Titan V15.1)

Thank you.
Gregory

Re: Handle Paging doesn't work on Playbacks window

Postby Gregory » 24 Dec 2022, 18:06

Do the playbacks appear on other pages when they are not fired?

The reason I ask is that there are two similar features which are not quite the same: held over handles is a feature where active playbacks will remain visible when the page is changed (this is primarily intended as the behaviour for non-motorised faders). The other is the handle locking that you described that can apply to any type of handle regardless of whether it is fired or active.

There is a user setting for held over handles however this applies globally so would affect the playback and preset faders as well. I'm not entirely sure if the Playbacks window will follow that user setting as I don't have a console to try it on right now. One thing about this setting is that it only takes effect once Playbacks are re-fired.
Alexis.A

Postby Alexis.A » 26 Dec 2022, 08:42

Hi Gregory.

Thank you for your answer.

No, the cues doesn't appaers on others pages if they are not active. This append just if they are active. It seems like they are on "Locked" mode...

I tried "Unlocked " and "Transparent Lock" ( i guess you are talking about this one) but nothing. It is the same beavior. But, if i move these cues directly on executors of my Sapphire, this three parameteres works well.

I precise that i tried on my PC setup. I simulate a Sapphire touch on Titan simulator and there is the same issue.

I would like to know if this is a normal thing and theyre is a reason to this behavior before make a bug report to avolites :wink:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Dec 2022, 13:58

As Gregory mentioned in his reply above, it sounds like you are referring to a different behaviour. The 'Unlocked', 'Locked' and 'Transparent Lock' determine whether a particular playback is available on other pages whether it is active or not. If you want something to be available on all pages you can set it to locked rather than having to copy it to every page. Transparent lock is similar except it will only appear on another page if the handle is currently empty on that page.

The behaviour you are describing relates only to when playbacks are active. With consoles with non-motorised faders normally the behaviour is to show the active playback on all pages otherwise it could be difficult to work out which page the playback originated from in order to adjust or kill it. This behaviour can be overriden on a global basis in User Settings/ Handles/ Playback Paging. Try setting this to 'Never Hold'. This should ensure that, when you fire a playback and change page, you can also fire another playback from the new page on the same handle:

https://manual.avolites.com/docs/15.1/system-settings/user-settings/?&_highlight=settings#handles
Alexis.A

Postby Alexis.A » 27 Dec 2022, 16:51

My bad, I forgot this parameter in user setting. I set in "Never Hold" and it's working well on my playbacks window and on others handles on my Sapphire.

Thank you for your help !

Best regards