Timeline without timecode.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nflutter

Timeline without timecode.

Postby nflutter » 02 Oct 2022, 11:34

Firstly I've never used any timecode or timeline before, I usually busk my shows.

I've got an orchestral show coming up which I would love to try running a show using timeline. Really liking the way you can busk straight in to a timeline then tidy up, add to etc.... Then run the show without having to run cues one by one.

BUT I'm not sure how the whole timing issue would or could work, I won't have any timecode to run to so is there a way to use timeline without it? I know I can unlink the timecode source but is there a way to just keep my timeline on time... A key press to resync, bit like a BPM master?

Or am I just fighting a losing battle and stick to a cue stack?

Any advice appreciated.
Gregory

Re: Timeline without timecode.

Postby Gregory » 16 Oct 2022, 11:17

You can run a timeline manually against an internal timer and start and stop it as required. There is also the option to set Wait for Go points in the timeline that will cause the internal timer to pause until you tell it to continue. As well as the controls at the top left of the window and you can set the key profile of the physical buttons allow you to use these to control it. Also in Options you can set the internal timeline timer to play and stop automatically when raising and lowering the fader. Not sure of resyncing as such but you could pause and resume or skip forward or back as well.