My first 2 days on a Pearl. Any advice?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Beaker

Postby Beaker » 11 Dec 2006, 21:14

OK, so first show went OK. A real learning experience. I'm still confused over the "program by fixture and program by channel. You use fixture to record palates and channel to record playbacks? Or was it the other way around?? In any event, I got my palattes programmed, but things went screwy when I tried to use them in playbacks. Wrong gobos, colors, etc. Advice?

The good news....starting to understand Palattes!
-All of life is a learning curve.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Dec 2006, 23:20

Record by Channel gives accurate control over which values are stored. I never use Record by Fixture though some might prefer for quick programming.

When recording anything, including palettes, pay great attention to exactly what is in the programmer (denoted by the 'm' or 'w' in the LCD display).
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 12 Dec 2006, 20:52

niclights wrote:Record by Channel gives accurate control over which values are stored. I never use Record by Fixture though some might prefer for quick programming.

When recording anything, including palettes, pay great attention to exactly what is in the programmer (denoted by the 'm' or 'w' in the LCD display).

M or W? New stuff. What is M & W and what do they denote?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Dec 2006, 01:26

Please re-read my first post in this thread ;)
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 13 Dec 2006, 19:27

niclights wrote:Please re-read my first post in this thread ;)

I see. It's time to go back to the start. I'm sure I'll be able to start gleaning more from earlier posts! Stay tuned. I'm down for a few days waitng for a warrenty repair part for the Peal to reach me. Bad power supply has me on the sidelines for the week.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Dec 2006, 23:35

Just in case you weren't aware, the Pearl uses standard PC power supply for easy availability in event of failure. Same is true of floppy drive.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 24 Dec 2006, 23:21

niclights wrote:Just in case you weren't aware, the Pearl uses standard PC power supply for easy availability in event of failure. Same is true of floppy drive.

Yep. love it. I have a background in PC's that does help me alot as a newcomer to this. Love the arcitecture of the Pearl. I feel at home inside it. New power supply is up and running BTW, and handle replacement was easy. Hats off to AVO. You have some bright bulbs on your side of the pond.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 16 Jan 2007, 19:29

Well I think i'm over the shock factor of the new board. I'm still having alot of problems with basic things but I'm going to close out this thread at this point. I'll open new topics on my individual problems. Thank you for all your help.

-Beaker