Intensity desapear in attribute editor

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexis.A

Intensity desapear in attribute editor

Postby Alexis.A » 27 Jul 2022, 23:02

Hello evry one !

I have a problem for which I do not know if it is a normal behavior of Titan. When i patch some Robe Spiider or Tarrantula in full mode and i run intensity on all fixture, all is working well. But if i select only some cells in each ficture, intensity tab disapear in attribute editor and i can't touch intensity whith encoder. I can only touch color parameters. So i can't lighting up pix by pix...
I tryed this issue on other fixture of same kind ( Ayrton Zonda 9) and it's working well. I can select and light up every cells independently without intensity tab disapear in attribute editor.

I know that on my ChromaQ Vista console running on vista 3R1, some library are in trouble... Could it be a similar problem ?

Anybody could have an idea on this issue ?

Thank you !
icke_siegen

Re: Intensity desapear in attribute editor

Postby icke_siegen » 28 Jul 2022, 08:26

The reason is indeed the personality: if there is no (real or virtual) dimmer per cell then the intensity tab disappears in the attribute editor. However there are reasons for this. In particular the pixelmap engine works on the colour channels anyway and doesn't need a dimmer. In turn multiple dimmers per fixture - e.g. a master dimmer, plus dimmers for background and foreground, plus dimmers per cell - are always tricky to operate (hence splitting a fixture altogether like the Tetra2 in some modes might be a better solution). The very same is true for the Spiider: instead of patching the mode 4: Full RGBW (RGBW), 90 DMX you might patch the mode 4 part 1/2: Master+Flower (RGBW) directly followed by 4 part 2/2: Pixels (RGBW) which also features virtual dimmers per cell.

I only wish there were some means to display such information in the patch menu to help choosing the correct way to patch.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 28 Jul 2022, 08:39

P.S. I just posted a suggestion in the ideas section to display such details when patching. it will be available when moderated under this link: https://web3.avolites.com/ideas/show-us ... n-patching

show useful patch hints when patching

Sounds like a minor thing but would be very helpful: display fixture specific information from the personality when patching, to help identifying the best mode to patch.

Currently there are fixtures like the Robe Spiider, Robe Tetra2 and the likes where choosing the correct mode to patch isn't that easy. In particular as there are some alternatives (with the same fixture mode available as one console fixture, or as two console fixtures which need to be patched consecutively). Even in Classic times there were useful information displayed, e.g. for the pending dimmer for a VL5 or some Colour Scrollers. I believe that displaying such information might be very helpful.
Alexis.A

Postby Alexis.A » 30 Jul 2022, 00:47

Tank you very much for your answer.

Indeed, it's not really easy to work with these fixtures if you don't know this subtlety. I will apply your advice.

I myself posed an idea in the dedicated section a few days ago. This request is similar to yours. Unfortunately my request has still not been validated by the administrator.

Thank you again for your help.