Titan remote v11 problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Titan remote v11 problem

Postby Peri_95 » 05 Jul 2022, 14:29

Dear Avo community,

My equipment is following:
AVO quartz v11.1
Titan Remote v11
Samsung A71 bought in November 2020
Tenda router that works really good with MA2 remote normally

Note that Titan remote worked very well with Titan version 9.1 but I didn't use that version for a long time and my mobile phone doesn't support Titan Remote V9 anymore.

Titan remote v11 was saying as well that is made for earlier versions of Android, but it runs on device, it just doesn't want to find my Quartz. It doesn't even recognize the SSID from router, but it gets IP normally and the connection with router works good with both Console and Android.

Titan remote V12 , however, recognizes the network SSID, but I still can't find my 11.1 console on it.

Do you have a better idea what could be the problem?

Regards,
Peri_95
Gregory

Re: Titan remote v11 problem

Postby Gregory » 05 Jul 2022, 16:48

The version of the Titan Remote app must correspond to the version of software on the console as they use the same connection mechanism as a multi-user console. That means that if the console is running Titan v11.1 you would need to use the v11 remote app and the v12 app would not be compatible (due to changes in the commands between major versions). When the apps are created they will be tested on the Android version of that time however it is possible that subsequent Android operating system releases may have changed or broken functionality that the app depends on so that they no longer function correctly. Although it is for a different version perhaps vote and comment on the suggestion to update the Remote App V9.