FX Layer question...

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nflutter

FX Layer question...

Postby nflutter » 01 Jul 2022, 08:33

I've been playing with FX layers so I can use colour palettes on my pixel mapping.

I've got some pixel bars which I've setup a 'Sunstrip' style chase running up the battens. I've set the 'Use Master' in the effect and I can use colour palettes to change the effect, however it messes up the effect. It's like it changes the colour but reverts the pixel map effect back to it's initial state, ie before I changed it at all. When I created the effect I added an element, added an animation but the animation started in the middle of the batten so I've adjusted the start position so it runs from the start of the batten, also changed direction. The effect works perfect..... until I fire the FX layer and change a colour, then the direction goes back and it runs from the middle.

Also is there something like FX layer for other shape tools, shape generator/key frame shapes, so I can program a shape and use colour palettes or similar on them?

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gregory

Re: FX Layer question...

Postby Gregory » 05 Jul 2022, 18:06

When you adjusted the position was this by changing the element or the layer, if it was the latter these properties (X, Y etc.) can also be controlled from the layer master and would therefore be overridden. The best option would be to leave the layer values at default and make any required changes to the properties of the elements within the layer. Alternatively you could just set the layer master values to match what you need but this might be tricky if you require different values for different pixel map effects.

There isn't really anything equivalent to pixel map masters for shapes, although you can change shape parameters on the wheels while they are running (Connect > Shape). Some users have made use of macros to re-record the contents of palettes used in key frame shapes to allow on the fly changes, but this can be a bit advanced to set up.
nflutter

Re: FX Layer question...

Postby nflutter » 05 Jul 2022, 19:24

Thanks Gregory, can't remember how exactly I recorded the effect but will have a look now and have a play.

Thanks