LED Fixture power on values

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

LED Fixture power on values

Postby watty » 23 Jun 2022, 20:21

I have some Chauvet Nexus 4 x 4 RGB panels and as patched, by default, when I select a fixture and turn up the dimmer, they light up white R=100% B=100% G=100%. I would like there to be no colour until I select it. I have some hex pars which I think did the same thing and as far as I can see, I have modified the personality so the power on values are 0% for the colours.
I'm not sure if this is how I fixed it, but those hex pars do not light up when I just increase the dimmer.
I have modified the Nexus personality to have power on colours at zero and I can see the saved personality alongside the hex par version but the colours still come on.
Does anyone know if this is how I should do it and why it is not working?
Basicly I would like the colour values to be at zero until I change them.
niclights
The eManual

Re: LED Fixture power on values

Postby niclights » 23 Jun 2022, 22:23

Yes, this is the correct value to change. Factory personalities intentionally have the RGB power on at full to ensure they light when raising the intensity without needing to locate.

Specifically in the Chauvet Nexus 4x4 personality you need to adjust the power on values for the attributes named 'Red', 'Green' and 'Blue'. This personality includes legacy attributes named 'Red 1', 'Red 2' etc. Titan doesn't use these so changing their properties won't make any difference.

If you have done this and it isn't working this suggests the show is not using the edited version. The easiest process is to achieve this is probably to go PATCH -> [Edit Fixtures] -> [Edit Personality] which should open the personality in Personality Builder. In Personality Builder set the RGB power on to 0 and, to help ensure it is using the correct version add a history entry then File -> Save. Titan should prompt if you want to update. Select yes. You should then be using the updated version - this can be confirmed by going to View/Open (labelled differenty depending on platform) followed by one of the related fixture handles. This will open the Fixture View window. In the Fixture View window select the Personality tab to reveal the history and check that the last entry is the one you added.