Recorded lights changing settings when playback lowered

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Danielllhurst

Recorded lights changing settings when playback lowered

Postby Danielllhurst » 09 Apr 2022, 14:54

Hello,

I hope I can communicate this clearly.

We recently updated to PC Suite V11.4 on our Titan Mobile, and something I've noticed is that when a playback is lowered, the intensity programmed into the playback goes to zero (as expected), but also, they change color, position, etc. when the playback is lowered.

Here is an example: I have some bar lights recorded to a playback for 100% intensity with 0 Red, 0 Green, and 50 Blue. When the fader is lowered I would expect the intensity to go to zero and the color to remain unchanged until different playback is raised.

But instead, this happens: Intensity goes to zero, but Red goes to 100, Green goes to 100, and Blue goes to 100. Which means that while fading out, the bars turn white.

What we are wanting is for the intensity to zero out when a playback is lowered and every other setting to remain the same until a new playback is raised. This seemed to be how the playbacks functioned on V10, so it must be a setting somewhere.

I tried running through the user settings trying different things, but haven't found it.

Got any ideas? thank you.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Recorded lights changing settings when playback lowered

Postby niclights » 09 Apr 2022, 16:30

If this is happening with all playbacks and it occurs when the playback is killed (ie. when it reaches zero as opposed to proportional to the fader level) then it sounds like you have the global release mask set to include the colour and position groups (and possibly others) in addition to Release To Home = Enabled. The Global Release Mask can be found in the Release Playback softkey menu by pressing the RELEASE button. The Release To Home toggle can be found either in the same menu or in User Settings -> Release. Release To Home = Enabled is the default setting but the default Global Release Mask is exclude all groups.

If it is only happening on some playbacks but not others and occurs when the playback is killed this suggests the local playback release mask is set to include the colour group. If it is happening on some playbacks but not others and is proportional to fader level this suggests the playback is set to mode 2.
Danielllhurst

Re: Recorded lights changing settings when playback lowered

Postby Danielllhurst » 12 Apr 2022, 20:11

That did it, thank you!

Pressed "release" -> disabled "Release to Home"

Also changed Global Mask Release to Include "intensity" and exclude all others

"Release priority" set to Normal

Then on individual I faders have them set to priority normal and Mode 2 to get what I'm wanting.

Thanks, you guys are a big help.