Problem Copy Fixtures, Group and Playback

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

voreras

Problem Copy Fixtures, Group and Playback

Postby voreras » 29 Mar 2022, 14:33

Hi, first of all excuse my English, I don't handle it very well. I have a mobile in Version 15.0 and I am having problems when copying Fixtures with groups and Playbacks.

What happens to me is that I have my Show made with 6 Blinders and if, for example, I want to add two more, what I do is copy the two in the middle and place them at the end so I already have 8 of the same, the fact is that so far I have This option has been working great, the only thing now when I copy the fixture, it automatically puts it in a group that doesn't correspond, its thing is that if I have the blinders in group 5 and I copy two, it adds it to group 5, or don't add it to me in any group, well no, it includes it in the wash group, until then there is no major problem, the problem is that it also includes it in all the playbacks that I have done with the group where it has been included . In other words, if it has been included in the Wash group, when I launch a Wash dimmer playback, the blinders also do that same playback. It happens to me with any fixture that I copy and the truth is that it is super annoying. The schedule is generated from 0 from a clean template and the option to Generate Groups Automatically is disabled. I have tried everything already, everything that occurs to me and there is no way. It was updated to version 15.1 in case it was that and the same thing happens.

I don't know if anyone else has had something similar happen. I would appreciate help.

Thank you very much.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Problem Copy Fixtures, Group and Playback

Postby niclights » 29 Mar 2022, 15:12

I have made a quick test and could not reproduce this. I wonder if you might be able to provide some more detailed steps to repeat this?

For example:

New show
Patch 1x <fixture 1 details>
Patch 1x <fixture 2 details>
Create group of fixture 1 (group 1)
Create group of fixture 2 (group 2)
Select group 1, @@, record playback 1
Clear
Select group 2, @@, record playback 2
Clear
Copy fixture 1 (optionally give the copied fixture an address)

Expected result is playback 1 = fixture 1 + copy of fixture 1 at full, playback 2 = fixture 2 at full. This is what I am seeing. Similarly if I check the groups group 1 = fixture 1 + copy of fixture 1 and group 2 = fixture 2.

But it sounds from your description that group 2 = fixture 2 + copy of fixture 1 and playback 2 = fixture 2 and copy of fixture 1 at full which would not be correct. Perhaps there are some other important steps, maybe it is fixture specific or something else?
voreras

Postby voreras » 25 Apr 2022, 16:02

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I am starting a new Show, from scratch, and I have put into practice what you told me and the same problem that I have mentioned before occurs.

I have 12 Robin Pointe and 12 x Mac Aura patched and a few dimmers.

Pointe group 1, Aura Group 3, Dimmers group 6.
When I want to copy a dimmer, this new dimmer is added to group 3 without having any type of relationship.

I have spoken with the distributor and he tells me that it may be an error in my system, I have formatted the laptop and installed the software again and it still gives the same problem. I honestly don't know what else to do.

I don't know if you would mind if I passed you the show file and you could check it yourself with your system to see if it gives you the same error.

Thank you very much again.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Apr 2022, 17:16

If by 'group 3' you mean the 'Aura Group 3' and that, when copying a dimmer that is not contained in that group, the new dimmer appears in that group then that is strange. I cannot reproduce this. If I patch those fixtures, create three groups and then copy one of the dimmers the new dimmer appears in the dimmers group as expected. It does not appear in the Pointe or Aura groups.

Feel free to send me the showfile to nick <dot> morris <at> avolites <dot> com and I will take a look.
voreras

Postby voreras » 25 Apr 2022, 17:33

Perfect, I have already sent you the sohw file to the email you indicated.

Thank you very much for the help.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Apr 2022, 13:45

For anyone reading this the reason that seemingly unrelated fixtures were being added to groups was due to those groups being special 'type' groups that are automatically created when a fixture is patched (the 'All xxx' groups). While the group in question no longer contained any of the original fixture it was still linked meaning any new fixtures of that type (copied or patched) would be added. Unfortunately there is no indication in Titan at the moment about whether a group is a 'type' group or what 'type' it is. Neither are there any restrictions in terms of adding/removing fixtures from the group. Hopefully it will be possible to improve this in a future version.