Playback "Off on overwritten"

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

fabsi0011

Playback "Off on overwritten"

Postby fabsi0011 » 07 Mar 2022, 21:28

Hey Avolite-Pros,

a couple of days ago I was handed an Avolites Quarz Console with OS-Version 11.1. Luckily I already found the most important functions for my showfile except for an "Off on overwritten" type function (Sorry for the MA term, I'm normaly and GrandMA operator). The function should do the following thing:

If I have a playback running (e.g. all fixtures red) and I start another playback with the same attributes (e.g. all fixtures green) the "green" playback should start and the "red" playback should be released.

Is there any way to do something like this?

Best wishes from rainy Germany! :D
niclights
The eManual

Re: Playback "Off on overwritten"

Postby niclights » 08 Mar 2022, 09:57

Currently it is not possible to do this based on the contents of a playback. There is a similar feature called 'Playback Groups' where playbacks within a playback group are mutually exclusive (ie. firing a playback in a playback group will kill any other active playbacks in that playback groups). However, this was introduced in version 13.0. If at all possible I would recommend updating to the latest version. Note an AvoKey is required for versions 12.0 and higher.

If this is not possible then an alternative solution is to use cuelists with macros that kill other playbacks. For example three cuelists, all set to fire first cue and kill at zero and each with a single cue containing the fixtures/attributes (and/or autoloading another playback). The first will contain a macro that kills the second and third. The second will contain a macro that kills the first and third and the third will contain a macro that kills the first and second.