Dimmer curve or custom shape for fade out/release....

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nflutter

Dimmer curve or custom shape for fade out/release....

Postby nflutter » 24 Feb 2022, 08:11

Titan v15 on mobile.
I've got some LED COB blinders which are fine and look fairly realistic compared to traditional moles, but the fade out is bugging me.

The fixture has a little fade out built in and I'm adding a 0.5 second fade out to my playback but it's the curve of the fade out that looks a bit fake. Is there anyway I can get the lovely non linear, long fade out of a mole? So 90% of the fade out happens in the half a second then the last 10% takes another second or even 2 but all in a smooth curve, hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Gregory

Re: Dimmer curve or custom shape for fade out/release....

Postby Gregory » 15 Mar 2022, 15:44

You could try adding a curve such as S-Curve 2 or Linear Lumens. This can either be done on each cue and will effect anything that is recorded into the cue or in the Patch under Edit Fixtures > Set Curve where it can be set individually on each attribute of the fixtures you want and will apply to all playbacks. In either case curves will apply when fading out or releasing however if your cue is Mode 0 (i.e. no fade out time) bringing the fader down will take the dimmer out immediately. Diagrams for most of the curves can be found in the manual.