Tiger Touch II multi patch

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Sinned2

Tiger Touch II multi patch

Postby Sinned2 » 16 Feb 2022, 17:02

Hi,

I’m looking for a multi patch function. Manual doesn’t help me.

I have multiple led RGBWAUV fixtures, all having a unique DMX address. On the desk I want to patch them together to one usernumber/handle.

How do you do this on a Avolites Tiger Touch II?
icke_siegen

Re: Tiger Touch II multi patch

Postby icke_siegen » 17 Feb 2022, 08:49

As long as none else chimes in I may as well answer... (and by coincidence another colleague/friend of mine was just asking for this as well some days ago):

This is not possible with Titan. You can multipatch single dimmer channels. But any other fixture cannot be multipatched - there is always only one fixture per fixture handle (a.k.a. desk channel).

Some additional thoughts though:
  • The quickest workaround: program your show with one of those fixtures and then copy this fixture as many times as you need. Copying fixtures transfers all programming to the siblings: values, times, palettes, groups, playbacks.
  • It's worth putting this into the ideas section on the avolites.com website as that is the place where ideas and wishes are taken from.
  • if the multipatch thing is really that important to you (I see that it might have its use) then you can feign something using sACN-triggers:
    • all the real fixtures need to be patched as a number of dimmer channels - either you do the multipatch here, or you record all channels of each kind into one playback (you need playbacks anyway)
    • additionally you patch one such fixture as fixture, but on an so far unused line, and assign sACN output
    • finally you define sACN triggers so that e.g. the blue channel of the latter fixture triggers the playback with all the blue 'dimmer' channels (and do so for all the other attributes as well)
    It may seem a little awkward but would be a solution for some cases.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Tiger Touch II multi patch

Postby niclights » 17 Feb 2022, 10:22

I wonder if the simplest solution is to patch the fixtures as normal then create a group of all the fixtures and use that. Historically the main reason for wanting to double-up on handles was for where the number of handles were limited and it was a compromise to be able to fit everything in a console. No doubt there could be other reasons but handles are unlimited so this is no longer a concern. If it helps you could also move the actual fixture handles to another page out of the way or even unassign them from handles completely.