Copied Fixtures don't show up in the Fixtures window

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

FixtureCopy

Copied Fixtures don't show up in the Fixtures window

Postby FixtureCopy » 10 Jan 2022, 02:15

Hello all,

I started a new show file on an Arena and did a load of programming, and now I'm trying to continue the programming on my laptop since I don't have access to the console anymore.

Everything's fine except for when I copy any kind of fixtures or dimmers. They WILL copy, however they just don't show up in the fixture window. For example, if I copy a fixture that belongs to a group with three other fixtures, I'll copy that fixture, nothing seems to happen, but then when I select the group and go through the fixtures by using the Fix +1 button, I eventually get to the copied fixture. I can move it around and see it in the visualizer, but I have no way of selecting it individually.

I've never encountered this problem before. Since this issue started I've loaded previous versions of this same file and also other files and the copying works just fine.

Running V15 on both the console and my simulator.

This is quite an urgent issue, my first show of an upcoming tour is in a few days. If I'm not able to copy fixtures and clone onto them, I'm in quite a bit of trouble.

Thanks for any help!
icke_siegen

Re: Copied Fixtures don't show up in the Fixtures window

Postby icke_siegen » 10 Jan 2022, 18:27

Thanks for posting this. I tried this in the published v15.0 as well as in the public beta 15.1 but couldn't reproduce. I started a new show, patched some dimmers and some other fixtures, saved this show, closed and started the software again, loaded the show and copied the fixtures. They appeared as expected in the fixture window and in the visualiser. Of course I had to assign them addresses in order to control them, but I couldn't make this error happen. I am wondering if this is specific to your show. Maybe you can make it public, or send it (with a description) to support [@] avolites.com

(I am NOT the support guy - if you want to send it to me: s.beutel@trendco.de)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Jan 2022, 19:00

Do they appear in Show Library?
FixtureCopy

Postby FixtureCopy » 10 Jan 2022, 21:00

niclights wrote:Do they appear in Show Library?

Okay, interesting. They DO show up in the show library under an "Unassigned" section. I am then able to move it to the fixture window and it shows up.

HOWEVER, after that I am still not able to do anything with it. I can even repatch it, but after that, I can't do anything else. If I select it, nothing shows up in the attribute section so I can't control anything. It's just blank. Also, after I select it, if I try to clear, the fixture stays blue saying that it's still in the programmer.

This seems very glitchy.
FixtureCopy

Postby FixtureCopy » 10 Jan 2022, 22:33

(I am NOT the support guy - if you want to send it to me: s.beutel@trendco.de)[/quote]

Sent you a copy, if anyone else would like one please let me know.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 11 Jan 2022, 09:56

This is really an odd one - with your show I could reproduce this at once. I don't know where this comes from, maybe from the fact that this show is from Titan v11, maybe from numerous exchanges in the past. I did a Patch/Edit Fixtures/Update Personality/Update All but this didn't really help. Based on Nic's question I was then at least partly successfull: copying fixtures did not work in the fixtures window but created copied fixtures in the show library as unassigned, which I could then move into the fixtures window. This did not work with dimmers. However maybe this is a workaround for you.

I also sent this to support, maybe they can have a look. Nic, in case you want to try yourself, the showfile is at https://we.tl/t-RVRmgCZRQo
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Jan 2022, 10:29

It won't necessarily help you but perhaps there are more clues in the logs.

If all else fails a possible fix might be to create a new show and import.

(note in case there is any confusion, due to an approval process the two previous replies were not visible when Sebastian posted his reply above)
Gareth.W

Postby Gareth.W » 11 Jan 2022, 15:58

Hi all,

Currently working with FixtureCopy to resolve this.

Thank you for passing this on icke_siegen.
FixtureCopy

Postby FixtureCopy » 12 Jan 2022, 06:26

Gareth was able to work some magic and fix my file :)

I asked him what was done, was wondering if anyone else was curious.

We'll see what happens when I bring this show file back to my console.

Thanks all!
Gareth.W

Postby Gareth.W » 13 Jan 2022, 10:25

Glad it all worked out and happy to help. The issue was related to several of the groups being in an erroneous state, containing fixtures that didn't exist. One of our developers would be much better placed to explore the how and why. I have a feeling it may be something to do with loading across versions.

The solution involved reloading the showfile with dev tools, so unfortunately not something users can fix themselves.

If anyone is reading this while experiencing a similar issue; please contact support@avolites.com and we'll be able to help.