Relay for Power

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Quasarkeith

Relay for Power

Postby Quasarkeith » 19 Oct 2021, 15:11

Hi,
Is there a way to have the operator press one or two buttons (Executors) to power on and off via a switch pack a group of fixtures.
They have to stay on until the show is finished.
I recorded the on to executor 9 and the off to executor 10 it kinda works except you need two presses on the on and off to get the the action required. Is there some where you can change the action of those buttons. Also I don't want to get this saved into cues. It's purely for operator convenience.

Thanks
Keith
niclights
The eManual

Re: Relay for Power

Postby niclights » 19 Oct 2021, 15:47

The reason you have to press twice is likely because the control is LTP and the button action (key profile) is latch (default).

If you want to have it on two buttons then if you change the buttons action to flash it will work on single press. In addition to requiring two buttons perhaps a disadvantage of this is there will be no indication of status on the handle (LED) although presumably it will be fairly obvious whether the fixtures are on or not.

If you want to have it on one button you can keep the action as latch either just using the existing 'on' button with a release mask set on the relevant group (and local release time 0sec if global is greater) or using a dimmer (HTP) rather than an LTP control.

Regarding excluding from recording in cues any of LTP solutions shouldn't be a problem assuming you don't select the underlying fixture. If using the dimmer solution then again it is unlikely unless using record by stage but you could avoid this by setting the playback priority to very high. This might be a good idea anyway.

Personally I'm not sure I would be comfortable having fixtures powered this way. If there was no way to avoid it I might try to hide it (or at least the 'off'' option if using separate) on a page that can't easily be accessed.