Connect Chamsys and Avolites

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Avljud

Connect Chamsys and Avolites

Postby Avljud » 30 Sep 2021, 18:31

Hi,

Is it possible to connect Chamsys with Avolites?
I would like to fire two cues from Chamsys with Avolites if it’s possible?
Anyone knows?

Thanks!
Avljud

Re: Connect Chamsys and Avolites

Postby Avljud » 01 Oct 2021, 00:33

Or do anyone have an idea how to make a pixelmapped Equalizer on Avolites controlled by sound?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 01 Oct 2021, 01:05

Avljud wrote:Is it possible to connect Chamsys with Avolites?
I would like to fire two cues from Chamsys with Avolites if it’s possible?
Anyone knows?

On an Avolites console it is possible to setup DMX triggers using a physical DMX port or sACN that can fire playbacks and other things within the software. It appears that ChamSys also support DMX inputs triggering playbacks although it might depend on which console or wing you are using.

Avljud wrote:Or do anyone have an idea how to make a pixelmapped Equalizer on Avolites controlled by sound?

If you have a Quartz or T2 you could use the sound input to add triggers based on the seven frequency bands the hardware supports. The T2 can also be plugged into other console to add the sound input to them. These are treated as on/off values more than linear values but could be used to trigger playbacks in time with music. There isn't any direct link into the pixel mapper with this but you might be able to combine multiple playbacks or adjust pixel mapper layer properties to create interesting effects.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 01 Oct 2021, 09:09

You could also use Chataigne to create a little Audio-to-sACN converter and then use this to trigger some cues. You don't necessarily need the pixelmapper for this - fixture order, fixture overlap and fade mode 1 or 2 would help.
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 01 Oct 2021, 10:29

According to Chamsys the DMX output can be switched to DMX input with the wing I have so technically I should be able to trigger two playbacks on Chamsys with Quartz? If I get it right?
Avljud

Postby Avljud » 01 Oct 2021, 10:33

Chamsys has a Equalizer in the pixelmapper that I trigger with an Audio interface and it would be great if I could trigger that cue from my Quartz console.