upgrade non pro pearl expert

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Giannis.Mitoudis

upgrade non pro pearl expert

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 21 Sep 2021, 09:59

Good evening.
I have a Pearl Expert non Pro. Could I get everything I need from a dealer or Avolite itself and do the upgrade myself or do I have to send the console to an authorized technician?
birillo_w2

Re: upgrade non pro pearl expert

Postby birillo_w2 » 12 Oct 2021, 00:56

Hi, I think that you are in the same condition as me (look at http://forum.avolites.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6688)

I think that you must search for some dismissed old Pro Expert, because the Pearl Expert Pro is discontinued from 2019 and the upgrade kits are not available ( but maybe your local reseller had one old upgrade kit at home)

Before the upgrade of the console, the fader boards need some modify (some soldering and adding components and wires).
There is a document on the site where all this things are showed and descripted.

after that you need the Upgrade Kit (but actually is a discontinued product)

The official complete Upgrade kit from non Pro Experts to Expert Pro, if I'm not wrong, was composed from:
- a new motherboard with a new CPU and new RAM banks
- a special connection card to connect the Expert Wing
- an Expert Wing
- an UPS card that will replace the cdrom reader
- some metallic part to cover and protect the motherboard and avoid the fixing of the cables

But all of this is unavailable officially... :(
Giannis.Mitoudis

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 26 Oct 2021, 08:18

Thank you very much for your help ;)
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 26 Oct 2021, 08:42

Update: this console has been sold and is not available any more.

I know of one upgraded Pearl Expert in Germany which the owner wants to part with (I did the upgrade myself some years ago). If anyone is interested I can make the contact - please let me know.

Update: this console has been sold and is not available any more.
Last edited by icke_siegen on 22 Nov 2021, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
birillo_w2

Postby birillo_w2 » 19 Nov 2021, 19:30

icke_siegen wrote:I know of one upgraded Pearl Expert in Germany which the owner wants to part with (I did the upgrade myself some years ago). If anyone is interested I can make the contact - please let me know.

Hey there, I've tryed to contact you from the site in your user profile but the email address there resut inexistent...

I am interested to find a Expert Touch Wing with the connection board and maybe the UPS board, not all the upgraded console.
Do you think that in Deuteshland is possible to found it?
Or maybe do you know someone that got a burned Expert Pro that want sell it with all the accessories?
all for a little amount of money, obviusly :P
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 22 Nov 2021, 08:31

Hi Birillo,

I am sorry for the difficulties you had to contact me - I have just fixed this.

The Pearl Expert I mentioned before has been sold. Unfortunately I don't know of any other expert which is to sell. And the Touch Wings are also not available. Your only chance is to check the usual online marketplaces frequently (at the moment there is a complete Pearl Expert available at 10kused: https://www.10kused.com/product/avolite ... mco-04357/).