Complete and clean installation Pearl Expert Titan v9.1

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Giannis.Mitoudis

Complete and clean installation Pearl Expert Titan v9.1

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 25 May 2021, 16:10

Good evening to all. I have an Avolite Pearl Expert Titan v9.1 (not the Pro). How could I do a complete and clean installation, of the same version, from the beginning so that the console works as best it can? Τhanks in advance!!!
Gregory

Re: Complete and clean installation Pearl Expert Titan v9.1

Postby Gregory » 25 May 2021, 16:20

That would be to download and run a recovery stick on the console, this will completely reinstall the operating system and applications. You will download a creator which you should run on a PC, this will format and extract the required files to a USB stick. The closest recovery creator is for v9.0 but if you choose Standard Recovery it will reinstall v9.1 if it is already present. If you choose Full Erase you will need to relicense your console before use. Please make sure you have backed up and show files or custom personalities. Further information can be found here.
Giannis.Mitoudis

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 27 May 2021, 14:50

Thank you very much. Everything went great. Do you think there is a problem if I change the hard drive that the console has with a compatible one but faster and bigger?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 May 2021, 15:38

It should be fine to replace the hard drive but you will need to relicense your console when you do this. From v10 onwards we required consoles to have SSDs (of at least 40GB) we have used Intel SSDs in newer consoles as these have had a good combination of performance and reliability.
Giannis.Mitoudis

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 27 May 2021, 19:23

Everything is fine. I changed the hard drive and everything was compatible and the 9.1 was installed. all this was for a problem that arose and I thought that with a clean installation it would end. The problem that I still have after the clean installation is that while the console opens normally and while I have turned the Mode select keyswitch to the System option or the Program option, on the screen it is as if I have it in the Run option. I saw in the Usb Expert Console that the keyswitch works normally.