new to avolites

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

barkley

new to avolites

Postby barkley » 14 May 2021, 00:05

Hello to everyone,

As you see in the topic im newbie in avolites.

In the venue that i work finally change an old MA1 desk by a new Saphire touch. The board came to the venue two days ago, and we have some questions about how the desk works.

We are so excited on our new board, but we want some functions in our desk similar at the ma1.

First of all we want that all the fixtures start on his home postion before start to put values on the programmer.

we are looking some way to have a solo function, we select a fixture and we want that all fixtures that are on scene go to 0. To solve this function we made a new higlight function but wen we select a group , the highlight reacts at the group not to the entire scene.

Another behaviour is about the faders. When we put them to 0 the ltp channels go to 0 but the htp still on the memory. It´s posible when we release the fader to 0 all the atributes go to 0 and there is no info into the stage?

Another one, is about groups. We are working on the fixture window, and here we have two tabs , one for moving lights, and the other one with dimmers. We made the layout of moving lights and dimmers. and now we want to make the groups. The issue is there si a way to record a group only in the tab of the moving lights, and not into the dimmer tab?

And the last question, Is there a way to stop the efects that are running?. I found on the manual that this could be with block shape, but i have no clue how it´s work.

Thanks a lot, and sorry about my poor english.
icke_siegen

Re: new to avolites

Postby icke_siegen » 14 May 2021, 09:44

Hi Barkley,

welcome to the Avo world. I am glad you found this forum, there are guys here willing to help as much as possible. Also there is a facebook group. And depending from where you are based, I'd suggest to find someone near you to maybe give an introduction in your place, as I'd expect in the beginning there are a number of questions which appear, and which can quickly be answered.

You'll find both, big differences between Avo and MA (well, these are different brands, aren't they) as well as similarities (in the end the task is the same: enable the LD to control the lights and make a cool show). You'll find things which are easier done on an Avo, other things are easier done on an MA. I'd suggest to not stick 100% to your old workflow, but open your eyes, learn what's possible, and maybe adjust your workflow ever so slightly.

I'll try to answer some of the items - and I am sure others will chime in and add more detail:

First of all we want that all the fixtures start on his home postion before start to put values on the programmer.

One of the major differences is that Avo treats LTP as true LTP: a setting stays active until it's explicitely changed. You can, however, change this behaviour to meet what you are used to: set the release and clear options accordingly:

• set the global release mask to include all attributes - this results in all fixtures going to 'home' when no playback is active. In order to do this press and hold the RELEASE key, click the menu button Global Release Mask, now press the key OPTIONS (this toggles all attributes to 'Include', and hit EXIT to exit this menu.
  • when holding the RELEASE key there are two more options you should consider: the Master Release Time defaults to 2s - maybe this is too long for your modus operandi. E.g. change it to 0.5s. Also there is the option 'Release To Home': leaving this enabled makes sure that after releasing all playbacks the fixtures finally go at home.
  • now press and hold the CLEAR key and select the Clear Options from the menu. The most interesting things for you might be 'Freeze Current Values' (toggle this to 'Release to Playback Values so that clearing the programmer releases to your active playbacks) and Action Precedence (this is new in Titan v15: the default setting is 'Selection With Programmer' so that one press of CLEAR really clears everything whereas you can change this to either 'Selection Then Programmer' or 'Programmer Then Selection' if you prefer a staggered clear)

we want that all fixtures that are on scene go to 0

I may be wrong but I'd say there is no function in Avo which would 100% mimic this. There is a RemDim function but this puts Dimmer=0 for all other fixtures in the programmer, which is probably not what you want. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Another behaviour is about the faders. When we put them to 0...

It's the HTP channels (dimmer) which go to 0 when the fader is brought down, and the LTP channels stay (see above). See the list I gave you - setting the release mask to include all will have changed this.

Another one, is about groups. We are working on the fixture window...

I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to record groups on any tab in the fixtures window. Maybe you can write down the button presses you are trying? Personally I work differently: I am so into groups that I hardly use the Fixtures window any more, and rather create a few groups extra with the few solo fixtures I need. Another way would be ( 'compromise'): create groups in the Groups window (because nothing is faster than the double-click quick record), and copy or move the groups from there as you like. In any case groups on multiple tabs ahouldn't be a problem (you can also set groups to be on all tabs by setting the group's handle option to Handle Paging Locked...)

Is there a way to stop the efects that are running

Looking for stomp, uh? :)

Block shape is the way to go - this has recently been renamed to mask shape. In short, select the fixtures you want to stop the shape on, create a 'Block All Shapes' shape, and record this into a memory. Whenever you activate this all running shapes on these fixtures are stopped.

Last word for today: please find out which version your console is running (hold AVO, press DISK - this opens the System menu and tells you the software version). There are many exciting things which are only in the recent versions, like Playback Groups, a quicker way to edit Key Profiles, or the newest addition Timeline. Hence, please know - and tell - the software version you are using.

That's it for today. Again, maybe it's easier to find someone near you to ask directly. Also, there is a very elaborate manual in various languages, there are many videos on youtube, there are Facebook groups, and there are people who are willing to help online or via a Teamviewer session. Just take your pick - and have fun.

Sebastian
barkley

Re: new to avolites

Postby barkley » 17 May 2021, 17:58

Hi Sebastian

Thank you for your early response.

And sorry for my late reply.

You are right saying that
I'd suggest to not stick 100% to your old workflow, but open your eyes, learn what's possible, and maybe adjust your workflow ever so slightly.
but we are in a hurry to put the desk running and two shows recorded in two weeks, so i have to porgram as quickly as i can.

And i´m totally agree with you that i have to open my eyes and start learning the way that avo´s works

Thanks a lot another time for the release and clear action,that´s the beheaviour i was looking for. I put them on the desk and works as i am usally works on MA.

Finally, the desk is working on the last version, V 15.

Thank´s for your response,

Barkley