external touch screen in Pearl Expert (LV667)

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Giannis.Mitoudis

external touch screen in Pearl Expert (LV667)

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 23 Apr 2021, 12:16

Good Evening.
I own an Avolite Perl Expert. My console has been upgraded with Titan yet I have not upgraded my Motherboard. The motherboard is the LV667 and the Titan version is 9.1. The question is if it can work with an external touch screen and if so what is it.
Thanks in advance.
Gregory

Re: external touch screen in Pearl Expert (LV667)

Postby Gregory » 23 Apr 2021, 14:40

Yes, you should be able to use an external touchscreen with the Pearl Expert. We would suggest that you use a screen which uses the built in Windows Touch drivers as we don't recommend installing third-party software or drivers on consoles. As this was built into Windows 7 onwards I believe support for this in touchscreens is now quite common. As the LV-677 motherboard only has a VGA (D-sub 15) output you should ensure that your monitor supports that kind of input. When you plug in your monitor you will probably need to open Control Panel and then Tablet PC Settings to assign the touch sensor to the correct monitor. Please be aware that the wheel and playback display which are designed to be shown on the Expert Touch wing are not intended to work on an external monitor.
Giannis.Mitoudis

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 23 Apr 2021, 15:51

Thank you Gregory for your prompt response. if you could tell me your opinion and if this model (https://www.dell.com/gr/enterprise/p/de ... d?~ck=anav )uses the built-in Windows Touch drivers??
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Apr 2021, 17:00

It is difficult to say conclusively but at least looking at the English user manual refers to using Tablet PC Settings in the troubleshooting section so this suggests that it does use the built in Windows touchscreen settings.
Giannis.Mitoudis

Postby Giannis.Mitoudis » 23 Apr 2021, 17:24

Very well. Thank you again for the help you gave me !!! :D :D :D