NDI on Quartz?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

NDI on Quartz?

Postby djsky » 21 Mar 2021, 12:08

I couldn't help but notice, as I was upgrading my Quartz to V14, that something flashed past in the installation files about Newtek NDI.... is this something that might be hidden or coming soon? Would be good to be able to NDI output the displays for the visualiser, or even bring IN NDI for Pixel mapping....

Or, even NDI for PTZ control of Cameras etc...? Let me know if i should put these in feature requests.
niclights
The eManual

Re: NDI on Quartz?

Postby niclights » 21 Mar 2021, 12:44

NDI is currently used with Synergy to display layer ouputs/preview and lightmap (pixelmapping).
Gregory

Re: NDI on Quartz?

Postby Gregory » 21 Mar 2021, 22:10

As Nic says NDI is used to get layer previews from Ai servers and show them on the console (v12 onwards). As this is just using the standard protocol you should be able to discover and discover other NDI sources on your network. Open the Video Multi View workspace window and you should be able to tap on it to browse for NDI streams.

The data for Synergy pixel map effects is sampled on the Ai server side where it has the full information available. There currently isn't any PTZ control of cameras in Titan but this is something we would be interested in doing in future. I'm not sure about screens in Capture, the full version supports something like this but I don't know about the component used in the Titan software.

Generally speaking it doesn't hurt to put in a feature request as this helps to guage the popularity of potential features and if you indicate how you might use a feature it might help in the design process.