show quartz

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nuno pantoja

show quartz

Postby nuno pantoja » 22 Feb 2021, 23:23

boas dicas para iniciar um show wm avolite quartz
Gregory

Re: show quartz

Postby Gregory » 15 Mar 2021, 14:31

Different people have their own preferences on how to layout their show on the consoles sometimes depending on the type of show they are doing. On a Quartz for a bucking show I would prioritise (movement) shapes on the faders along with masters and then use the twenty executor buttons for flashes, bumps, solos and perhaps a BPM master. All fixed colours, positions and gobos and groups would be done in the workspace windows on screen. In some cases it is nice to have a cue list (stack) of looks (mix of colours, positions and gobos) which you can bump through quickly on a spare fader or button.

Below is some useful advice from Nic:
niclights wrote:There are so many options this is probably something only you can really answer as it will largely depend on how you like to operate and what you want to achieve.

I don't have any experience busking using TitanOne but I do have plenty using the consoles.

In that case my setup is always to prioritise intensities on the main playback faders as these are the critical elements IMO. For club type events this would usually be an intensity master for each type or group of fixtures, a small number of dimmer chases and some specials (ie. blinders, strobe flash, strobe blind and momentary white shutter options across one or two fixture groups). I always setup a key profile where the blue key is a tap for chases.

Then (based on consoles with different groups of physical faders) have one or two positional shapes where fader controls size only and a 'I have no idea how to light this song' rainbow shape with size fixed, speed on fader. I will also have a separate rate master assigned to the position shapes.

Beyond that it will all be about palettes. To minimise button presses (for fastest response) I like to use quick palettes as much as possible - ie. no fixture selections. I will try to have sets of colour palettes for each fixture type, along with some that change all fixtures, some gobos (including focus) and maybe a couple of zoom options. I find that gives me enough options without being too complicated which I can access very quickly and easily apply fades to.

Sometimes it's useful to have group scale masters to filter out fixtures from chases or just reduce levels and with v10 I would probably add a size master or two and assign to the shapes. But it's important to avoid over complicating as it's easy to get lost.

That's my way of doing it!