Tiger Touch questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

erikmusikenshus

Tiger Touch questions

Postby erikmusikenshus » 10 Feb 2021, 11:01

I am about to buy a second hand Tiger Touch (Im new to Avolites). The controller is from 2012 and they say that they can upgrade it to v 14.
So I wonder what do you say about that? - Does that mean that the table then is equivalent to a Tiger Touch 2 or Tiger Touch Pro?
And a table from 2012 - can it run stable and "fast" with ver. 14?
Gregory

Re: Tiger Touch questions

Postby Gregory » 10 Feb 2021, 15:46

An indicator that the console has had the Pro upgrade is how many network ports it has: original Tiger Touch consoles had one, Tiger Touch Pro and Tiger Touch II consoles have two.

To upgrade to version 14 you would also need an SSD, 4GB RAM, a UPS board and an AvoKey. You can purchase an AvoKey if you need one, it should be possible to contact your local distributor for the other parts.

As the Pro upgrade for older consoles is essentially replacing the motherboard with the newer motherboards that are in more recent consoles, the performance should be the same as those.
erikmusikenshus

Postby erikmusikenshus » 11 Feb 2021, 10:23

Thanks for the reply, very helpful, so yore saying that in order to buy a well functioning second hand TT , I should make sure that not only v 14 is in the console but also that it comes with SSD, 4GB RAM, a UPS board and an AvoKey. Or maybe thats needed to upgrade, maaybe it cant be done otherwise?

And on top of that they (I) need to preplace the motherboard, what do you think the cost is for a new motherboard?
I wonder is it worth it.... - but I sure hope so.
/Erik
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 12 Feb 2021, 09:11

It is hard to determine from what you said in which state this console is - if it is really from 2012 then it is not a Pro, and if
they say they can upgrade to v14
... well, have they fitted a pro upgrade, or are they counting on purchasing one (which isn't available any more)?

In fact, if you can get the serial number and photos of the front and back of the console then it would be much clearer, and the questions could be answered at once. If not then everything is just guessing...
erikmusikenshus

Postby erikmusikenshus » 05 Mar 2021, 19:30

I got a new one insted
:D !