Timeline not working?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Kulix

Timeline not working?

Postby Kulix » 21 Dec 2020, 20:46

Hi,
I have some trouble with running timeline on my T1. It looks like I recorded some playbacks, they are lighted as green in timeline view, timeline is connected to Winamp and I can control the music, but nothing really seems to launch. Visualiser shows nothing and faders on cues or chases doesn't seem to launch. I tried many times to make it work.
Mars3110

Re: Timeline not working?

Postby Mars3110 » 21 Dec 2020, 21:26

Hi,

First things to check:
  • Did you raise the timeline fader (or toggled it if in Playback window)?
  • When opening the timeline view and launching Winamp, is the time cursor in timeline moving? If not:
    • On the timeline window in the bottom left corner, there is a link icon which has to be toggled on to connect the timeline to the timecode source.
    • Check if your timeline is linked to the correct timecode source ({Options} → tap on your timeline → set your timecode source for the timeline).
  • Are your tracks enabled in the timeline? Check the "power" icon on each track header.

Happy Christmas!
Kulix

Postby Kulix » 21 Dec 2020, 22:22

Thanks for replying,

I did all of these before, sometimes my first saved chase runs at like 1% and it doesn't turn off when it should, I tried running from playbacks options and faders, tried to switch timecodes but not any effect.
phb

Postby phb » 22 Dec 2020, 05:06

This sounds interesting, are you able to repeat this from a blank showfile? If so, what are the steps?

Please can you send me the logs (run log collector) and showfile which has the issue? If you could use wetransfer or similar and send them to peter.bridgman@avolites.com that'd be great.

We're on holiday for the Christmas period at the moment but I'll take a look at the file as soon as we're back.

Best,
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
Kulix

Postby Kulix » 24 Dec 2020, 00:45

Thanks for help, I send the files at mail. When I launched it again it worked for some reason, but then everything broke, I couldn't set legend for faders or do anything new with timeline. When I restarded Titan timeline stopped working properly, altough I was able to record some playbacks maunally, because I wasn't able to use the record button. Also when I loaded the show once again, some of my chases got cleaned, so it's probably just open beta bug which happens cause it's beta obviously.
phb

Postby phb » 04 Jan 2021, 17:18

Hi,

Thanks for sending this in. I've had a look at the showfile and logs that you've sent.

In the logs, it looks like you've tried to open an Autosave from a previous version. Autosaves aren't full show files and can't be moved between versions (including between some beta versions) - you need to use a full save (e.g. labelled quicksave or with a tag you've provided) instead. Unfortunately the logs don't contain anything beyond that load error.

As for the show you've sent, that *is* a full save, so should load fine (it loads for me). Looking at the show, I think what might have happeend is a consequence of an error when talking to Winamp.

If you close Titan, close Winamp, start titan with Winamp closed, and load the show you sent me, I think you should find that Timeline behaves normally (you'll need to change the timer to be "Internal" instead of Winamp to test).

Assuming that that works, that would suggest that you've encountered bug #87439 which is caused by Titan reacting badly to an error being returned from Winamp. We have resolved this since beta 105 and the fix should be available in the next beta - I would advise not using Winamp until then.

If you could confirm if the above steps help, that'd be great.

Best,

Peter
Kulix

Postby Kulix » 07 Jan 2021, 14:00

Hi again,

Thanks for reply. When I switched my timecode to internal it started working properly, and as soon as I switched to winamp it bugged again. I should have tried it before posting here, but anyways thanks for you help and time :)
phb

Postby phb » 07 Jan 2021, 14:26

Thanks for confirming. This will be fixed in the next beta!

Best,

Peter