Improvements fot timeline and other tips

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jfdejonghe

Improvements fot timeline and other tips

Postby jfdejonghe » 16 Dec 2020, 14:31

Thank you for this beta and the addition of the Timeline! It's really a great tool. It's not bad to use and easy to configure even without a tutorial.
The addition of the 3rd screen is also a great idea. I love it.

Some problems encountered

- When the TL is assigned to a PB or executor, the blue LED has a permanently low intensity. It would be interesting to have a higher intensity when it is active. As for a CUE.

- Since Saturday, I have been testing the v15 b90 and now b97. I was using a TL, everything was fine. Today I launch Titan, I play the TL... and display problem. The Timeline View window is there but track 1 is no longer visible. Titan asks me to create or select a TL. If it is played, when I launch Reaper, the fixtures react. I can provide my file if needed.

- If my PB is a Shape (Dimmer Saw, 1 cycle), I can play it in flash for the first time, the following times it is no longer react. If I play it with the linear cursor, no problem.

Improvements and wishes

- Timeline view is not in "Open Workspace Window". This is a pity. Maybe add it because you might look for it there naturally.
- At the SWOP level, two things:
-- Create a Timed SWOP on the same idea as Timed Flash ? I would like to have this function.
-- Add a Playback View option like "Ignore SWOP" and "Ignore Grand Master". It would be so handy sometimes. It would avoid messing around with priorities.
JF
Titan Mobile & TM Wing
phb

Re: Improvements fot timeline and other tips

Postby phb » 16 Dec 2020, 14:52

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

To help us triage your different points, please try to create one topic per separate issue, so that we can discuss them more easily.

However, RE your issues:
1. This is being addressed in an upcoming update
2. Did you try doing as it asks and selecting a timeline? You should then be able to see it. From Beta 97, when you save the show, the selected timeline is saved with the show, and should be recalled on load.
3. I'm not sure I understand the issue you're describing, please could you provide some steps to reproduce this from a blank show, taking care to explain each step and when the software behaves differently from how you expect?

Improvements:
1. Timeline view is like playback view, in that it can only be opened for a specific timeline - it has no functionality if there is no timeline selected. Much like playback view isn't available in open workspace window, so timeline view isn't either. Does that make sense?
2. Unfortunately timed swop isn't a feature of Titan at this time. It'd have to be one for ideas and features (https://www.avolites.com/ideas)
3. Exclude from Grand Master has been discussed on Ideas & Features (and exclude from Swop would be a good suggestion too) - to make it more likely that these would make it into the software it'd be worth voting for them there.

Cheers,
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Dec 2020, 15:02

On behalf of everyone involved I will take the liberty of thanking you for your feedback.

jfdejonghe wrote:When the TL is assigned to a PB or executor, the blue LED has a permanently low intensity. It would be interesting to have a higher intensity when it is active. As for a CUE.
Looking at beta 97 on a Quartz with a timeline assigned to a fader the Blue LED pulses when active if the fader is at zero (to indicate there is no intensity level) and permanently illuminates when the fader is lifted above the trigger point. However it does appear that the LED does not work when assigned to a macro/executor button at all, active or inactive. This looks wrong.

jfdejonghe wrote:Since Saturday, I have been testing the v15 b90 and now b97. I was using a TL, everything was fine. Today I launch Titan, I play the TL... and display problem. The Timeline View window is there but track 1 is no longer visible. Titan asks me to create or select a TL. If it is played, when I launch Reaper, the fixtures react. I can provide my file if needed.
This is related to the window being open but not remembering which playback you were viewing on load. There was a change to improve this and it should have been fixed by Beta 97. Certainly when I test it remembers. If this is happening in Beta 97 it might be useful if you could provide steps to repeat. Note that you can view a timeline at any point via OPEN/VIEW (labelled differently depending on console) then select the timeline playback or by tapping in the legend touch area where available.

jfdejonghe wrote:If my PB is a Shape (Dimmer Saw, 1 cycle), I can play it in flash for the first time, the following times it is no longer react. If I play it with the linear cursor, no problem.
I've had a quick go at this but can't find any problem. Do you mean flash triggers or flashing the timeline (using flash timeline key profile)? I tried both but found the dimmer shape flashed ok on the first and second flash. In case it's significant note that if the timeline playback is on a fader the fader needs to be raised in order for any triggers affecting intensity to have an affect on the output. Perhaps you could provide some steps to repeat?

jfdejonghe wrote:Timeline view is not in "Open Workspace Window". This is a pity. Maybe add it because you might look for it there naturally.
I believe this is intentional as the timeline view is dependent on the selected timeline playback, of which there could be more than one. Playback view is not included there for the same reason.
phb

Postby phb » 16 Dec 2020, 15:22

If this is happening in Beta 97 it might be useful if you could provide steps to repeat.

If the show was saved in less than 97 originally, it won't have saved the current timeline, and so it won't be loaded on load, which I expect is the reason for the "Select a timeline" prompt. Saving in 97 onwards will resolve this.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites