TITAN MOBILE VER.14 BUG???

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

EandresTCMA

TITAN MOBILE VER.14 BUG???

Postby EandresTCMA » 10 Dec 2020, 20:32

Hello everybody,
Hope you are all safe and hopefully with work (paid work that is )
I have recently returned from furlong and run the Avolites Titan One/Mobile software upgrade from version 13. I do have the new AvoKey. Here are two issues i am having and need your help resolve ...
1. From time to time the Titan Mobile console blue lights on the buttons will flash or flicker, some time it will go like a chase from center out and, ofcourse the rig lights will go crazy.... what could be causing it ? The USB cable is connected to an USB HUB with power since it was doing this before as well.
that is one, problem number 2. and this is the Biggy.
2. After returning from furlong, turned laptop on and booted Titan Mobile. Run upgrade to version 14 and... when I select my cyc light fixtures (ETC Lustrs2+) the color palettes that I had build and used long before the upgrade are now not accessible.

Is that a bug in the software that did not identify or link them to the fixture? Do I need to reassigned the palettes to the lighting fixtures ??
icke_siegen

Re: TITAN MOBILE VER.14 BUG???

Postby icke_siegen » 13 Dec 2020, 14:27

The first thing indeed sounds like a power or contact issue - the LEDs chasing like you described usually comes from weak USB power, either not enough juice, or a broken cable, or a worn-out socket. I'd start with swopping the cable, then checking the USB connector, then trying another computer. Know that if you open USB expert this will clearly indicate such connection/power problems.

The second issue: I am not entirely sure. Usually if you load an older show into a newer software (provided you are using a full save, not an autosave) I wouldn't expect such problems. If this is crucial for you then opening a ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk and providing shows/logs might be of help (I could offer to have a look my self as well). In general I'd expect something has happened which you haven't mentioned, e.g. the library updated or such. But again this can only be said after having a look into your show.

One possible solution might be to open the old show for import, map the fixtures, and import the palettes - i think this would be worth a shot.
EandresTCMA

Postby EandresTCMA » 15 Dec 2020, 15:34

Thank you icke_siegen for your responce and help.
The usb problem is intermittent and the usb hub that the titan mobile connects to has an independent power source. I did change the usb cable yesterday so I will have to wait and see how it behaves.
On the second problem, I did follow your advice and opened a ticket, but unfortunately the show file was too big to be attached to the ticket. I sent it to the support email thru my Gmail account and google drive.
I can tell you from past upgrades, that I have not experience this issue before, and that I have followed all the steps to run the upgrades/updates as per specs. Also updating the fixture libraries files right after running the main upgrade.

On your possible solution recommendation, since I must admit, I have not used the import element of Titan Mobile; usually just select my old show file and load it up with dmx settings as well, I find myself a little in the dark with the import and mapping the fixtures... I will pull the ol' manual for ver.14 and check it out, but if you could give me some guidance I will try it. I have a show on Friday and I feel a bit comprehensive about running into some surprise whilst the show is on!...

Thank you in advance

Eddy
TWC

Postby TWC » 15 Dec 2020, 18:33

Can you be more specific when you say the palettes are not available?

What type of palettes are they? Normal global shared?
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
EandresTCMA

Postby EandresTCMA » 15 Dec 2020, 21:22

Thank you for your inquiry TWC,
When I said the color pallets are not available I meant that if you click on the fixture the color palette were created with ( in this particular case, my Cyc lights, ETC SourceFour Lustrs 2), and attempt to click on the a particular color palette ( say the top portion of the Cyc lights in RED and the bottom portion in Indigo) nothing happens. The actual icon/tile with the color is gray out. I can't say for sure if these palettes were saved as GS (global) or not when created, but now instead of the GS on the upper right corner, there is a "N" . In addition, I have also noticed that all the Chases and ballyhoos that I saved to the Macros/executers 1 thru 10 plus 18 thru 20 seem to not be there anymore. The blue led that shows a button / or fader is used, is not lit.
This is very strange... What can be wrong ?? This is not the first time I run an upgrade in a console, and very less, in this Avolites Titan Mobile.

Thank you all for your guidance and help.

Eddy

Avolites Titan Mobile
Ver. 14
MSI GS73VR 7RG Stealth Pro Laptop
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Dec 2020, 21:44

If you have any older versions of the showfile perhaps you could try loading those and see if they have the missing parts?