Feedback... and feature request(s)

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Quidam

Feedback... and feature request(s)

Postby Quidam » 04 Dec 2020, 14:49

Hi,

Since Peter suggested this would be the best place for V15 feedback and feature requests (instead of the fb group and the idea section), here I am.
(After this one I'll leave the forum alone for the weekend I promise)

First thoughts regarding the Timeline:
1) NICE ! Great work !
Now, for the feature requests :) :

2) Being able to loop a TL is great and I'm very excited about it.
It would be great to be able to see and think of the timeline in terms of BPM. I mean :
- being able to set a defined bpm (on a timeline or track level)
- display those beats (with display options up to 8th or 16th notes, for example) on a grid on the timeline
Ableton's Looper FX (1 to 16 bar phrases) is a good example of a 'simple' sound looper, if inspiration is needed.
- add a 'quantize' functionality, like in DAWs (it would align selected triggers on the nearest beat subdivision)
- may I also suggest to consider implementing Ableton link (as described with dev reference links in this idea ?

3) Also, for quick busking and live looping : would it be possible to
- automatically add a last trigger (i.e. 'all at 0') when we stop live recording
- allow us to auto crop the timeline lenght to the first and last triggers with the press of a button instead of editing it in the TL options ?

4) It would be nice to be able to adjust the levels directly with a mouse drag on a point/trigger of the 'enveloppe'
5) Same for the TL/Loop length

6) There's probably a good reason for it but I have trouble understanding why the smooth and simplify tools are buried in a sub menu while there's space left in the TL view (or even one level up in the contextual menu)

7) Thanks again guys, this is a great and promising development ! :idea: :idea: :idea:
phb

Re: Feedback... and feature request(s)

Postby phb » 17 Dec 2020, 16:45

Thanks for this feedback, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

BPM integration for timeline is something we're very interested in for the future...! We excluded it from the initial release of this functionality due to time constraints, for now.

For the smaller suggestions, I've filed:
#87422 (Auto zero triggers at end of live record)
#87423 (Crop duration to triggers)
#87424 (Adjust level trigger target levels by clicking and dragging)
#87425 (Add smooth/simplify to graphical UI window)
#87426 (Click & drag to change start time/duration)

Thanks very much for the feedback!
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites