Unassigned Fixtures From Old Setup

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

SheafSt

Unassigned Fixtures From Old Setup

Postby SheafSt » 24 Nov 2020, 11:38

Hey there, New to avolites forum.

I'm running Titan Mobile 10.1 and I had a lampy come and set up our club's system and make a whole new show file/workspace & general spring clean of our show save. We are by no means experts at lighting and wanted some guidance. He set up a new show file that was much more efficient and was working very well however upon opening the file save all of our old groups of fixtures (i.e. LEDs, Pars, Movers) are sitting in the unassigned part of our show library and stopping our new playbacks/dimmer settings, etc from having any effect on the lights. Once we go into the show library and manually delete these old groups, the save behaves as normal and we can control everything fine, however even if we make a new save and overwrite with the groups deleted, these old groups of lights reappear in unassigned and we have to manually delete them again. Anyone have any idea of how to completely remove these as it will stop our show file from being usable by those who are not capable with titan software, which in our venue is essential as we regularly have bar staff turn the lights on.

Thanks very much, Rufus.
TWC

Re: Unassigned Fixtures From Old Setup

Postby TWC » 24 Nov 2020, 19:19

Those unassigned groups... were they originally on a fader? ie the fader was a group master?
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
SheafSt

Postby SheafSt » 03 Dec 2020, 16:50

Thanks for your reply TWC,

They certainly were, what's the remedy?

Rufus, Sheaf St
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Dec 2020, 17:37

It sounds like the groups are set to scale masters where the group level is currently at zero resulting in no output.

Try moving the groups to a fader and then lift the fader to full so that the group level is at full. This should solve the output problem. You can then unassign or move the groups to another handle as required.
TWC

Postby TWC » 04 Dec 2020, 07:54

Yeah. Like nic said. You need to raise the fader to 100% before deleting or unassiging them otherwise the software still thinks they are being scaled by the fader.
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.