Saving Visualiser Camera Angle to Console Button

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

beef661

Saving Visualiser Camera Angle to Console Button

Postby beef661 » 20 Oct 2020, 10:08

Hi,
I'm learning to use the Avolites Quartz Console and wondered if there was a way to save a Visualiser camera angle to one of the physical buttons on the console? This would be really useful for quickly swapping between views whilst a timecode cue list is running.

Thanks,
Ben
icke_siegen

Re: Saving Visualiser Camera Angle to Console Button

Postby icke_siegen » 20 Oct 2020, 14:08

I guess you are refering to the internal Capture visualiser. the camera positions can only be saved into the Capture Visualiser Settings window. In theory you can use macros to toggle between the stored cameras but at the moment this works only with the four factory-provided ones, see https://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:exa ... turecamera.

If you are using the full Capture visualiser on an external computer then you can patch the camera like a moving light and can program various positions, travels (as a chase between positions), and more.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 20 Oct 2020, 14:42

An alternative you might be able to use is to store workspace shortcuts for the Capture Visualiser window, when you recall the shortcut it will set the camera position as it was when you recorded the workspace. If you close any other windows prior to recording the workspace shortcut and set the Leave Other Windows On Recall option you can make it that only the visualiser window is effected by the shortcut. Workspace shortcuts can be stored on the physical executor keys.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Oct 2020, 14:54

(Gregory beat me to it but I included some steps so will post anyway in case it's helpful)

If I have understood correctly the integrated Capture Visualiser camera positions and orientation can be stored and recalled in workspace shortcuts and these can be assigned to physical buttons.

Example:

Open Capture Visualiser window.
Select Camera Move from the Capture Visualiser context menu options then Orbit Camera from the resulting context options and adjust the X and Y orientation by wheel.
Exit (ideally this step shouldn't be necessary but at the time of writing it is).
Hold the Avo button and then press the Open Window button to shortcut to the Record Workspace menu. Select workspace macro/executor 1.
Change camera orientation and record to macro/executor 2.

Selecting macro/executor 1 or 2 will toggle between the two orientations.

Of course you might want to adjust the some of the details prior to recording such as Record Visible/All Windows and Remove/Leave Other Windows on Recall.
beef661

Postby beef661 » 20 Oct 2020, 18:41

Amazing - that works perfectly! Thanks :D