Qlab MSC on avo mobile

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

debaggerboot

Qlab MSC on avo mobile

Postby debaggerboot » 26 Sep 2020, 19:39

Hi there,

I'm trying to use MSC on an Avolites mobile coming from qlab.

I cant get it to work.. I tried several things but nothing helps so far..

The ID's are on both the same, i turned MSC on in the settings and i tried to send a MSC all off command but even this is not working..

I'm not sure what to do next..

I'm running software V13 on the avo and qlab 4.6.2
icke_siegen

Re: Qlab MSC on avo mobile

Postby icke_siegen » 26 Sep 2020, 20:55

You didn't say how you are trying to connect both. By 5pin MIDI, or with USB MIDI, or via network? Are Titan and QLab running on different machines or on the same computer?

In any case, the IDs must be different. Furthermore, at https://www.avolites.de/wiki/external:start you may find some hints on how to connect external control. I haven't yet written something about MSC but you'll find some basics and some tipps on how to debug this.
debaggerboot

Postby debaggerboot » 26 Sep 2020, 21:08

Ah Sorry,

The setup is as following:

Avolites mobile is connected through MIDI 5P coming from a different laptop running Qlab (usb to midi).

Different ID's are not working as well.. :( I'll get a look in to the link you sent.

I found out that mapping in the avolites is working properly using midi notes.. So the connection is there.. But MSC does nothing so far..
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Sep 2020, 08:09

Did you enable MSC in system/triggers?
TWC

Postby TWC » 02 Oct 2020, 09:00

What are trying to trigger with MSC in qlab? Cue list?

On the avo side

1. Need to set the device ID of the avolites console, somewhat annoyingly this is actually in the timecode section of the user settings.

2. You need to make sure the midi show control mapping is enabled in the triggers sections of the user settings. Midi note or control change data is not relevant in this context because midi shiw control only contains system exclusive midi data.

3. You need to know the user number of the item or cue list you are trying to trigger, this is a number in the top left of the little tiles on screen of fixtures/palettes/playbacks etc. Or you can find it in the show library.

On the qlab side

4. Insert a midi show control cue into your qlab file wherever you want it, there are various fields you need to fill with the correct data.

Device ID, this is the number number you set in step 1
Q List, this is the user number of the item you want to trigger
Q path, this field is not used leave it black
Cue Number, put the cue number of the cue you want to trigger here
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
TWC

Postby TWC » 02 Oct 2020, 09:21

certain midi show control command types have no affect in titan, they've not been implemented.

If you use a go command without setting the cue number field it will just trigger the next cue, or more accurately it has the same affect of just pressing the go

The stop command will stop a cue that is currently executing ( mid fade), if no cue number entry is made it stops all cues.

The user manual says precious little about midi show control, its been an immense source of irritation for me in the past.
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
phb

Postby phb » 02 Oct 2020, 14:21

Just as an aside, if you have suggestions to improve the Manual, it is now being maintained on Github at https://github.com/AvolitesLtd/TitanManual, so you can file issues (or even propose corrections yourself!)

PB
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites