[Improvement] Trigger mapping

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

TWC

[Improvement] Trigger mapping

Postby TWC » 15 Sep 2020, 18:43

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a quirk of how it works

I am using the cheapest nasty manual preset dmx board to trigger some fixtures to set programmer level :D
When you start a new map, then click on the + symbol on the right it seems to remember the item that I chose in a previous map that is now deleted, or it will remember the last used item. you can select something different instead but it just struck me as odd that it already had an item selected I when wanted to create an entirely new trigger

Also I note it's not possible to trigger multiple actions from the same dmx stimulus.
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
TWC

Re: Trigger mapping

Postby TWC » 16 Sep 2020, 12:25

Of course. The obvious answer to having multiple items triggered by the same trigger stimulus is to have multiple trigger maps but I didn't think of this till this morning.
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
Gregory

Re: Trigger mapping

Postby Gregory » 16 Sep 2020, 15:29

It is intended that it remembers the last item you selected so that if you are redoing it (e.g. to change the trigger) you do not have to select it again.

It is also the case that each mapping can only have a single action for a given stimulus and if you try to add a new one it will replace any existing trigger that uses that stimulus. This is currently the only way to 'edit' triggers at the moment so we perhaps need to look at this interface and see if it can be improved in future. Please consider adding this to the Ideas and Features page as these votes are taken into account when deciding what features will go into a version.