Virtual faders responsiveness

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

renebiemans

Virtual faders responsiveness

Postby renebiemans » 13 Sep 2020, 21:24

Avolites Quartz
V14 beta 61

I have tested the virtual faders on a Quartz and the responsive is not smooth. I think it is more hardware (touchscreen of the Quartz) related because with the same quartz with an dell touchscreen the responsive is way better, therefore I do not think it is an software bug. However there are maybe ways to improve the responsiveness:
- Be able to connect to the virtual fader and change the amount with the rotary encoders
- Somehow always use the full touchscreen size by clicking and having a bigger fader (maybe without showing)
TWC

Re: Virtual faders responsiveness

Postby TWC » 13 Sep 2020, 21:39

i must confess i've not actually tried using a touchscreen at all with the beta software, but the virtual faders seem to work really well using a mouse, no jerkiness. i feel i must also say i really dislike the touchscreen on the quartz, i tend not to use mine at all in favour of on external touchscreen.

you make an interesting point about responsiveness however, what do they call that in electronics hardware? de-bouncing? or something like that, kind of like a delayed reaction when a control is released to prevent something being retriggered a second time. hope that makes sense? for example i often double select a palette by mistake with my sausage like fingers.

by the way i'm glad you've engaged with the beta testing, i'm a bit dissapointed more people haven't joined in with it, i've got basically not much else to do with myself that's why i've taken it on :D

regards, Tom
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
PBudd

Re: Virtual faders responsiveness

Postby PBudd » 14 Sep 2020, 14:08

Hi,

One thing that may not be totally obvious is that you can use the entire playback area to drag the fader level, you don't need to click the fader itself. So from where you click down you can just drag. It is not immediately obvious but I think that does make it easier to use. It seems alright on a Quartz given that bit of knowledge, but let me know what you think.

Peter Budd