Titan Very Odd issue...

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Gaztech

Titan Very Odd issue...

Postby Gaztech » 22 Jul 2020, 14:57

Hi,
I'm having an issue with my Titan Mobile. I use it on two laptop computers (not at the same time!). On one, it works just fine. On the other, I updated the library last week (it was working fine then) and since the update I get NO DMX output from the Titan Mobile at all. It only does this with the one computer. The other one works fine woth it so I know it's not hardware related.

I decided to uninstall everything and start again as I was using Version 10.1. Did that and - same problem. No matter what fixture I load up, I get no DMX from any output!

On the DMX screen in the software I can see the result of moving controls so at least it "looks" like it's doing something. I went to USB expert and this shows data moving when I move a control - so the software is working, just not outputting the values to actual DMX. We have always used this computer with this console and other than the Titan, everything else on it works just fine so no USB issues.

Could we be doing something that stops all the outputs from working on just this PC? It's got to be something really stupid! BTW I'm now using version 11.4. I guess it's possible that someone did a Windows update which broke it but I would think that a re-install would put it back.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Gaztech

Re: Titan Very Odd issue...

Postby Gaztech » 22 Jul 2020, 15:46

Looks like I just answered my own question...

I'm pretty sure that what actually happened was: When I updated the fixture library last week, Windows probably did an update. There have been a few floating around at the moment. I think this broke the USB drivers.

After spending loads of time on this, I eventually just updated the USB drivers separately (as a last resort) and... voila! Why the installer (of the later version software) didn't do this is a mystery. I'm not even 100% sure if what I'm saying here makes sense. All I know is that right after I updated the drivers, everything worked!

I've tried shutting everything down a few times and now it works consistently. Very odd, but there you have it. Now I can go back to getting some work done...

I've made a note of this. Don't want to be caught with it again. :)