Titan Mobile Hangs on startup

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Gaztech

Titan Mobile Hangs on startup

Postby Gaztech » 18 May 2020, 12:57

Hi,
I'm using a Titan Mobile with the non-dongle version 10.1 software. (And no, I don't want to upgrade right now if that means we have to use dongles - which will get lost the first time one is used!)

We've had good service from our Titan Mobile and up until now I've had no issues with the software or the hardware. However, I recently had to change one of our laptops due to damage. I Installed the software (Lenovo laptop running Windows 10) as normal and expected to boot it up and see the request to licence screen when it started. However, it doesn't do that - the software starts and then hangs at the "Starting Titan" screen. No matter how long I leave it, that's all I get. (TM is connected on startup and I've tried another USB cable).

On install, I was prompted to go to the USB Expert to update the panels but they didn't appear in the Info window. After the full install, as it wasn't working, I repaired the USB drivers (seemed a logical thing to do) but it still doesn't respond.

I went back to USB expert and started the ACW service and the panels were indeed detected so it looks like comms are ok.

Am I doing something REALLY stupid or is there a diagnostic process that will tell me what is wrong?
When the software is running I get Titan Mobile appear in the task list and looking down further in the list I can see that the Titan Server is running. I do notice though that the Titan Server doesn't always shut down when I exit the software. I'm assuming for the moment that this is normal. Windows Firewall is OFF as I though it might be interfering but it still doesn't work. Other installs of this software have always worked just fine so I'm at a loss with this.

I went to device manager expecting to see some USB hardware that was showing an error - but nothing. Should I be seeing some specific USB devices? Maybe they didn't get installed at all - but the comms seem to be there. I tried removing the shutdown file too but that didn't make any difference.

This is very odd. Does anyone know what could be happening here?

Please advise if possible. Thank you!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Titan Mobile Hangs on startup

Postby niclights » 18 May 2020, 13:19

I believe the most common reason for getting stuck on the grey screen with pulsing logo is when the application is not running with administrator privileges. If you haven't already done so try right-clicking on the Titan application shortcut and select 'Run As Administrator'.
Gaztech

Postby Gaztech » 18 May 2020, 13:41

I thought that too initially but the user already had admin rights... I tried creating a new use without rights and then used "Run as Administrator" - this didn't work either.

I've done some testing with the USB Expert though. It seems that with the ACW service running the Hardware (faders, switches etc) do respond and the changes appear in the USB Expert window. This tells me that the hardware isn't the issue - but I could be wrong of course. I need to get to the bottom of this!
Gaztech

Postby Gaztech » 18 May 2020, 13:47

I just had a thought... What actually shows up in Device Manager when the console is connected? I can't see any specific reference to the Titan Mobile. Should there be something - even though it seems to be communicating ok?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 May 2020, 14:11

I would suggest raising a Help Desk ticket about this via the website. It may be helpful to run the Log Collector and upload the log files in case they provide clues. If the file is too large to attach to the ticket it is recommended you use one of the free file transer services and include a link to that in the ticket.
Gaztech

Postby Gaztech » 20 May 2020, 09:05

Hi. I thought that I'd post the solution here as if may help other users with a similar issue.

After talking to Joe in support he highlighted an issue where TCP port 808 was in use by another service. Apparently, this port is required for the program to work.

The process that was causing the issue was part of the Intel Graphics Command Centre app named: One.APP.IGCC.WinService.exe

Although this service is part of the command centre app it appears that if you kill it, it doesn't affect the command centre at all (confirmed with Intel) and Titan then works just fine.

I solved it by writing a small batch file to kill the running app on Titan launch but it can also be prevented from starting from the "services.msc" plugin, setting start to "disabled".

Hope this helps anyone else with the the problem. 8)
Kimbletech

Postby Kimbletech » 30 Jul 2021, 07:34

I have this same issue, but I'm running Windows 10 Home.

I couldn't find services.msc but when I opened task manager>services tab and sorted by "description" I located a service called "igccservice" with the description "Intel(R) Graphics Command Centre Service". I stopped it from running and alas Titan booted up properly!

I'm a newbie to batch files, would you mind sharing your code so I can see how you did it?

Thanks for posting your solution, I have a show tonight and started to panic when the damn thing wouldn't boot up!!!
OV_59

Postby OV_59 » 31 Aug 2021, 11:09

Okay, so that problem came from the TCP port ... I didn't even know it could happen, and was stuck in a loop of getting in and out of admin mode.
Thanks for telling about that, I'm now able to use Titan Mobile again!
Victor Rey

Postby Victor Rey » 12 Mar 2022, 12:55

Hi!
The day before yesterday we had a show and everything went well, in the evening I get home and windows 11 offers me an update, so we are the 10/03/22, I do it while we had a show the next day... yes I know I'm a player! :twisted:
The next day I couldn't start the Titan Mobile, the USB expert displayed "ACW is not running", so I deleted the updates, no change, I reinstalled the software, still nothing... I went to look for my Titan Editor license because I had the impression that the problem came from my AVO KEY titan mobile, so I managed to restart on the Titan Editor license despite error messages on the startup show, I had to go through a blank show, I suppose because of the DMX parameters using several universes, but I am not sure.
I restarted the titan mobile again on the AVOKEY of the titan mobile and all went well.
I'm not sure I understood exactly what happened, if anyone understands more in depth it could be instructive for all.
If you need any info on the configuration don't hesitate, I would really like to understand more precisely what happened.
Have a nice day!
Victor Rey

Postby Victor Rey » 16 Mar 2022, 19:37

Hi,
I installed the updates again and took the time to identify the problem.
With windows 11 and updates KB5010474, KB5011493, KB4023057, Titan Mobile 15 takes a little less than 10 minutes to load the show.
Once done I can restart titan as desired without any problem.
But if I restart the computer then titan will again take just under 10 minutes to load.

Hardware configuration:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Ram 16GB
RTX3070
SSD NVME

Windows 11 family version 21H2

Titan mobile + avokey
Fader Wing

If anyone has an idea I'm interested, 10 minutes to boot the console is not serious...
Thanks in advance!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 16 Mar 2022, 23:24

Would you able to open a Help Desk ticket including the information you have provided here? Additionally if you could run Log Collector which should be available in the Start Menu and either attach the generated zip file to the ticket or provide a link to it. If you can give rough times when you tried with and without the Windows Updates installed, someone can then take a look and see if anything obvious shows up.
Victor Rey

Postby Victor Rey » 19 Mar 2022, 00:20

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for your feedback.
I've just returned from a show, this morning when I switched on titan it started up to my great surprise on the first try normally... I had planned to have a coffee for the 10 minutes of start-up... :roll:
I will try to extract the contents of the log collector tomorrow and send it to the help desk.
I'm glad to have normal operation again but I'd like to know where the problem came from.
We say "between the table and the chair" but that's not precise enough!

Thank you in any case for making progress.
Good day to you.