Playback Modes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Playback Modes

Postby watty » 17 Jan 2020, 16:00

If anyone can offer any information or suggestions regarding the following, I would certainly appreciate it.

I am not sure if this is entirely possible but my main aim in this instance is to record various colours onto playback faders to control a group of ADJ Hex 5 washes and be able to increase the various colour intensities using the relevant fader travel from 0%-100%. I would also like these faders to crossfade out/override any other playbacks that might on some occasions be controlling the same fixtures. As an example, if a fixture is not being controlled by any playbacks, raising the red fader would bring red intensity up from 0% to 100% (with no RGB white from the power on state - this appears to work fine with mode 0 or 1). If the fixture is being controlled by another playback, raising the red fader would crossfade out the other playback(s) and bring in the red (with no power on RGB white).

The reference to RGB white is the power on state for this fixture which has the power on state set at R100% G100% B100%. This results in Mode 2 & 3 initially producing RGB white. I can resolve this aspect by altering the power on state in the personality file.
phb

Re: Playback Modes

Postby phb » 17 Jan 2020, 16:30

If you're only planning on using one fader at once, then simply set Mode 2 with RGB=the colour you want. So a fader for Red would contain RGB=(100, 0, 0). Then it will crossfade out other colours to the colour of the fader. If you want to use the faders at the same time they will interfere unfortunately - I can't think of a way for them to crossfade out other playbacks but not interfere with each other off the top of my head.

To record new power-on values you can use [Record] [Release] - you shouldn't need to modify the personality file.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
niclights
The eManual

Re: Playback Modes

Postby niclights » 17 Jan 2020, 17:12

You could try two step cuelists set to fire first cue and manual crossfade where the first cue contains just one colour component at full and the second cue at zero.