Set only the dimmer on a fader

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Alllight

Set only the dimmer on a fader

Postby Alllight » 28 Dec 2019, 09:32

Hello everyone i've got a problem. I want to set my moving heads to a fader so I can fade the moving heads in whatever position they are. The problem is that if I program the MH under a fader, he automatically sets also the position under that fader and that is the thing I don't want. I definetly want only the dimmer at that fader. Is this possible?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Set only the dimmer on a fader

Postby niclights » 28 Dec 2019, 09:51

Make sure only the dimmer information is in the programmer - for example CLEAR -> Select fixture(s) -> @@ (assuming you want them at full intensity). Then when recording toggle the mode to 'Channel' (Softkey A in the Record menu). This will record only controls in the programmer (ie. value is highlighted in the wheel display).

For cues that are already recorded you can remove unwanted controls by setting them to 'Off'. One way to do this is to view the cue (if it's a simple memory on one of the main playback faders you can double-tap the legend). Then in the cue view window select the cells that you want to remove and choose [Off] from the softkey menu.
clublights

Re: Set only the dimmer on a fader

Postby clublights » 30 Dec 2019, 05:45

you can also use group masters..... copy the group of fixtures to a fader, use playback options to change how the master works.