Executor buttons

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Executor buttons

Postby watty » 06 Dec 2019, 20:44

Is there a way to have two macros allocated to an executor button on Titan Mobile so they can be toggled by alternative presses of the button?
icke_siegen

Re: Executor buttons

Postby icke_siegen » 06 Dec 2019, 22:41

Make it a 2-step cuelist and assign the macros to the steps.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 07 Dec 2019, 08:21

Also, if you could explain a little more what you want to achieve - which function, which macro, which button - then maybe there is a much more easy and elegant way...
watty

Postby watty » 08 Dec 2019, 17:32

I have two macros, one which turns audio triggers on and the other, off. I would like to assign these to one of the 20 static playback executor buttons so that press one turns audio trigger enable on and press two turns it off. This would be a continuous toggle so each subsequent press alternates audio trigger enable on or off.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Dec 2019, 18:19

You can use a 2-step cuelist to do this as Sebastian suggested above. Alternatively Sebastian has written a toggle macro which is included in the link that Alex provided in response to your question. I guess the advantage of the 2-step cuelist that referenced specific enable/disable macros would be the ability to display and view the current status using cue legends if you have the static playbacks window open. I think ideally this should be added as a factory macro toggle with a highlight state showing when it is enabled.
watty

Postby watty » 09 Dec 2019, 13:03

I may have caused some confusion with my request for information on how to put two macros on a switch as a toggle.

Firstly I copied the macro that Alex provided a link to. Having copied it to my macro directory I then looked in the show file and found two macros, one for enable audio triggers and one for disable. For some reason (me being dumb) I thought these were what I had added as when I looked previously I could not see any audio trigger enable macros (I did not spot any when looking previously - probably being dumb again). Hence why I was asking how to assign both macros as a toggle on an executor button.

I have since found the "toggle" version which I had not previously seen as it was at the end of the list and began with "toggle" when I was looking for enable or audio trigger (again being dumb). I have now assigned this to an executor button and all is good. However, as Nick mentioned, it would be nice if the toggle version was in the factory macros and could provide a method of indicating when audio triggers are active.

I still can't work out how I create a cue list that contains two macros (not required now as I have the toggle version macro but would still like to know how to do it ) as when I start to record a cue list I cant work out how to add the macros?

Finally is there a way to link an audio trigger to a playback that is on a fader so that the trigger , if enabled, causes the intensity to flash with the trigger signal (old school sound to light style) but only when the fader is up?
What I would like to do is to be able to turn audio triggers on and only playbacks with the fader up will output light in sink with the trigger. I have managed to have a cue list that increments with the trigger and the intensity is controlled on the fader but I have not managed it with a straightforward intensity playback.

Apologies for the long post but I have only just acquired a T2 so am completely new to using audio triggers.
phb

Postby phb » 09 Dec 2019, 13:08

watty wrote:I still can't work out how I create a cue list that contains two macros (not required now as I have the toggle version macro but would still like to know how to do it ) as when I start to record a cue list I cant work out how to add the macros?

Once you have created a cuelist with two empty cues, open the cuelist in playback view. Tapping a cell under the "Macros" column will allow you to assign macros to a cue.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Dec 2019, 13:26

For triggering intensity cues perhaps try using the Flash action if you haven't already. Not quite sure what you mean by 'only when the fader is up' - if the fader is up the intensity is already active and triggering would make no difference. However, if you are trying to find a way to set which fixtures are affected perhaps you could do this with shutter functions if available? For example you could have two playbacks, each containing the dimmer of a different fixture at full which are both flashed by audio trigger then separately you could set the shutter of the fixtures closed or open which would determine whether they output or not with the triggers. Obviously this requires a fixture with a DMX implementation such that there are separate closed/open shutter functions in addition to a dimmer.

Regarding macros in case you are not aware there is a search function which can be helpful when trying to find things.
watty

Postby watty » 09 Dec 2019, 16:32

Thanks Pete & Nick for the answers.

Regarding the audio triggering of intensities, I believe most of the fixture types I am using have shutter so will give it a try.

The main issue is that if I create numerous playbacks that have audio triggering assigned to intensity, the instant that I turn on triggering, all those playbacks will fire intensity. So I am looking for a way to selectively choose which audio triggered playbacks will output when the triggering is turned on. It would be nice (and easier to control) if the individual playback faders of the audio triggered playbacks controlled the intensity but only when the audio trigger is active. It looks like the suggestion to use shutters may be the only way to achieve this. I assume that all playbacks that have their intensity controlled (flashed) by audio triggers would be showing as active playbacks as long as audio was present and enabled together with the any separate selectively chosen shutter playbacks that would be active (open)?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 09 Dec 2019, 21:01

You could create multiple trigger mappings with different sets of playbacks in each and enable or disable those as required. You can enable or disable them from within the Triggers workspace window, it is also possible to write a custom macro to do this which would be linked to the ID of the mapping or the 'user number' which is based on the order the mappings are created:

Code: Select all

<macro id="Avolites.Macros.Triggers.Mapping.Toggle.Three" name="Toggle Trigger Mapping 3">
  <description>Toggle Trigger Mapping 3.</description>
  <variables>
    <boolean id="Enabled" value="False"/>
  </variables>
  <active binding="Avolites.Macros.Triggers.Mapping.Toggle.Three.Enabled"/>
  <sequence>
    <step>Triggers.ToggleMappingEnabledByHandle(userNumber:3)</step>
    <step>Triggers.GetIsMappingEnabledByHandle(userNumber:3, "Avolites.Macros.Triggers.Mapping.Toggle.Three.Enabled")</step>
  </sequence>
</macro>