Audio Triggers

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Audio Triggers

Postby watty » 05 Dec 2019, 15:33

I have a couple of question regarding Audio Triggers.

I have added a T2 to My Titan Mobile setup and have got the audio input working. I have set up a new trigger (DJTAP) and assigned it to a playback that is on a fader as a test. The playback is simply intensity on some movers. The issue I have is that having assigned the trigger, the playback flashes the intensity all the time that audio is present, even if the fader is down. How do I set it to only trigger the intensity at the fader level? So if the fader is down the intensity is off.

The other thing I am a little confused about is how the trigger is used when assigned to a playback. How does the trigger know what to control when applied to different types of playback, how does it know what to trigger?

I assume that all audio trigger information is done from within audio triggers and that there is no control of the trigger functions from within a playback that has a trigger assigned to it. So if I want to "un-trigger" a playback, I have to go back into audio triggers.

How can I tell if a playback is being influenced by a trigger?
watty

Re: Audio Triggers

Postby watty » 05 Dec 2019, 20:31

I have got a bit further with this.

Basically it looks as though the audio triggers system is not very user friendly in that anything set up to be triggered by the audio bands will stay operational as long as the audio trigger band is enabled.

This is a nightmare as there needs to be a way of easily cancelling the audio trig enable either on a individual playback basis or with a global on/off. If I happen to try deleting a playback when the audio trigger is on and linked to some playbacks, the second I press the delete key it thinks any active audio triggered playbacks are what you are asking it to delete!

The only way I can see to make this usable is to have a quick and easy way to turn audio triggers on and off (without going into the audio triggers window). I have thought about setting up a macro on a button that toggles the audio trigger enable on and off but have no idea how to do this as the enable is a screen button operated by the mouse or touchscreen. Is there a way to create a macro to do this??
watty

Re: Audio Triggers

Postby watty » 06 Dec 2019, 20:17

I would like to say a big thank you to sideshoebond who very helpfully provided a link to a custom Macro for switching audio triggers on/off. Using audio triggers with a facility to turn the audio trigger on/off with an Executor button has made the whole thing usable.
Thank you sideshowbond.