pixel mapper layout

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

cvienseclairagiste

pixel mapper layout

Postby cvienseclairagiste » 11 Nov 2019, 18:57

Hi, When creating a pixel mapper layout with a bunch of fixtures. Is it possible to assign the fixtures within a grid from right to left or from bottom to top?
Gregory

Re: pixel mapper layout

Postby Gregory » 13 Nov 2019, 22:22

When you have stored a layout for your group the direction that effects run in the pixel mapper is dependent on the effect: you can set linear movement animations to run at any angle including right to left and top to bottom. If you are using the same group for shapes you can set the direction the shape to various options including those. Similarly when applying timed palettes you can set the direction in the All/Odd/Even menu to change the order it'll apply in.
cvienseclairagiste

Postby cvienseclairagiste » 07 Jan 2020, 13:49

Let me rephrase that question:

I am talking about assigning the pixels to a layout. When you fill the grid. You can distribute selected individual pixels from top to bottom and left to right. In Grand MA you also have the choice of filling the grid from right to left or bottom to top so that the pixels are layed out upside down or backwards so to speak. This feature helps greatly in getting the pixels in their right order without having to manipulate them one by one depending on how the fixtures are hung (not always as designed).
phb

Postby phb » 07 Jan 2020, 14:18

The quickest way to do this is probably by creating a group with the fixture order as desired; selecting fixtures 10 thru 1 (instead of 1 thru 10) and then recording a group will result in the fixtures being laid out in the reverse order in the group; you can then use [Arrange] in the context menu of the group layout editor to lay the fixtures out back-to-front.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jan 2020, 15:42

Another option might be to use the rotation control. If you toggle the Layout Editor context menu option to 'Wheels Rotate Selection' you can flip an entire selection using the Rotation contol by rotating it 180°.

For example if you select and rotate

Code: Select all

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

by 180° it will become

Code: Select all

8 7 6 5
4 3 2 1

If you touch on the wheel display it will always nudge in 45° increments. And if the Layout Editor context menu toggle is set to 'Wheels Move Full Pixel' then so do the wheels.

If you need to change the orientation of a number of multi-cell fixtures you can change the Layout Editor context menu toggle to 'Wheels Rotate Individual Fixtures' and then use the Angle control. For example Angle 180° will flip all of the selected fixtures. Note that it currently centres the rotation around the top-left cell which is perhaps not the most useful design. It probably should attempt to rotate around the centre.
phb

Postby phb » 07 Jan 2020, 16:16

Apologies, I just noticed that I wasn't quite right. [Arrange] doesn't take the original fixture order in the group into account. You can use this to your advantage; using [Arrange] on selected fixtures whilst having done the selection back-to-front (e.g. 10 thru 1) will help you achieve what you're looking for, I think?
cvienseclairagiste

Postby cvienseclairagiste » 07 Jan 2020, 20:17

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will play some more with it. What I am trying to achieve specifically is a left to right flip of the whole layout.
ie: fixture 1 is at the left top corner and I want to move it to the right top corner.
in this case, rotation will not work.
In general one would not have to go through all this trouble but here are the funky fixtures I am working with.
Trying to get the pixels in the right order is somewhat of a headache lol.
https://www.blizzardpro.com/collections ... s/spektacl
phb

Postby phb » 08 Jan 2020, 10:20

Just a note to say that if the personality is incorrect (has the pixels in the wrong order) you can get it fixed by using the bug reporting facility on https://personalities.avolites.com

Best