Avokey

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Avokey

Postby watty » 22 Oct 2019, 20:11

I am very confused about the process for registering my new AVOKEY/Titan Mobile Combination.

I have flightcased my Titan Mobile with an Intel NUC PC/Touchscreen which runs windows 10. I will not allow the PC to connect to the internet as I do not want any Windows etc. updating to take place.

I am assuming therefore that I will have to temporarily connect My Titan Mobile to another PC that is connected to the net and then plug in the AVOKEY. What do I do then??? The question then is does that temporary set-up have to have Titan software installed? This might be problematic as the temporary PC is not high spec. Once the registration is completed I will then re-connect the Titan Mobile to the Intel NUC PC and plug in the dongle and assume it will all work OK.

I have searched everywhere for detailed instructions for how to carry out this process and can find virtually nothing.

Can anyone provide more info based on my scenario above. :?
Gregory

Re: Avokey

Postby Gregory » 22 Oct 2019, 21:58

You do not need to connect either the Titan software, Titan Mobile nor AvoKey to the Internet to license it. You will need a computer with a web browser capable of uploading a file and downloading a file attached to an email, this could be a PC, Mac or even potentially a smart phone. You will also require a USB memory stick to transfer the files between the two computers.
  1. Install the Titan PC Suite v12.0 software on the PC you intend to use it on (i.e. the Intel NUC).
  2. Plug in your AvoKey, Titan Mobile and USB memory stick.
  3. Run the Titan Mobile software.
  4. The Authenticator licensing application will appear automatically, it will ask you to check details such as the time and date of the computer being correct, please follow these steps.
  5. You will be prompted to save a token file which contains information about the Titan Mobile, AvoKey and computer necessary to licence it, you can select the USB memory stick to save this to or browse to a folder to save to.
  6. With the token file on a USB memory stick, plug it into a computer with an Internet connection.
  7. Open your browser and navigate to http://www.avolites.com/licensing and log in into the website, this can be the same account which you used to download the software.
  8. Select the second option I have a token file to upload (recommended), click on the Choose File button and browse to the token file that you exported.
  9. Once you have selected the token file, press the Submit button.
  10. When your licence request is approved you will be emailed a licence file, where the details in the token file match our records this may happen automatically otherwise it may need to be manually reviewed first.
  11. Copy the licence file attached to the email to your USB memory stick and plug it back into the computer running PC Suite.
  12. Press the button in Authenticator to import the licence file. If you have closed the software in the meantime you can run it again to perform the import.
  13. Once Authenticator has finished, the Titan Mobile software will start as normal, next time you start the software it will not need to go through this process again.
watty

Postby watty » 23 Oct 2019, 10:00

Gregory,

Thank you for the very comprehensive instructions.

Another question on the same subject:

If I install v12 on my backup laptop and run it with a Titan Two interface, would it be possible to have an arrangement whereby I could plug the Titan Mobile into the laptop (on a temporary basis if the NUC failed) and use it instead of the Titan Two, whilst being able to freely swap the two interfaces as required. Also, as I have not had a chance to trial V12, is it possible to run V11.1 and V12 (with dongle) on the same PC with the Titan Mobile?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Oct 2019, 10:29

If you have a separate AvoKey for your Titan Mobile it must be used with that Titan Mobile (with the exception of Titan Simulator) however you can use those with any computer without needing to relicense. In the case of the T2 (which has the AvoKey built in) you can use that in any computer without relicensing.

However swapping between devices while the software is running is not supported so you would need to close the software, plug the Titan Mobile and AvoKey in and then start the software again.

There is currently no official way of installing multiple versions of Titan PC Suite at the same time.
watty

Postby watty » 23 Oct 2019, 12:10

OK, so to confirm, I could load V12 onto the laptop, plug my Titan Mobile/new licensed AVOKEY into the laptop to test V12. When happy I could then upgrade my NUC PC to V12 and move the Titan Mobile to the PC which should work without further licensing etc.

When I buy my Titan Two I can then just plug that into the laptop (V12) and it should work straight out of the box. Plus I can swap them if required in the future as you previously mentioned as long as I close/re-start the software.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 23 Oct 2019, 16:05

Yes, once a Titan Mobile and AvoKey are licensed you can use that pair on any computer to run v12 without further licensing. I believe you will need to license a T2 when you first receive it. You could then use either on either computer.
watty

Postby watty » 23 Oct 2019, 17:20

Thank you for clearing up all my questions. :D