Active Playbacks

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Active Playbacks

Postby watty » 21 Oct 2019, 09:49

I am hoping someone might have a/some suggestions as to what might have caused the following issue that I encountered at the weekend. Using Titan Mobile and some LED RGBAWUV fixtures.

I was using a mixture of touchscreen playbacks (colours, shapes, chases) and doing a bit of busking. At some stage the led fixtures appeared to be "stuck" on what looked like a dimmer shape which I could not cancel. I checked the programmer was clear and the active playbacks window was empty but the lights carried on. I had to leave them to the end of the show. I can't actually remember for sure but I think if I made changes such as reducing the intensity (on a fader) they still carried in pulsing away.

Any thoughts?

Steve
Gregory

Re: Active Playbacks

Postby Gregory » 21 Oct 2019, 12:20

Can you remember if you tried releasing all playbacks, either by pressing [Release] [Release] or [Avo] + [Release]? This might help to determine if it was the Active Playbacks window which was wrong or something else in the software. It may be worth running Log Collector on the console and submitting the log files via Help Desk so these can be examined for any evidence of what went wrong. If you can include with that the approximate time when you first spotted the fixtures pulsing when they shouldn't have been this will help to narrow the search.
watty

Postby watty » 21 Oct 2019, 12:45

Gregory, thanks for the suggestion. I will endeavour to run the log collector - not something I have ever done before.

I have a macro set up on a executor button to release all playbacks. I did use this when the music finished but had to quickly bring up some light and can't remember if the issue was still going on as the lights were only up for a couple of minutes and I was preoccupied with a few distractions at that point. I don't remember the lights being on at the point I switched off the PC/console.

Would there have been a way at the time the issue was occurring to establish where the dmx was originating from without releasing all playbacks? The problem with releasing all playbacks to potentially solve the problem would have been a plunge into darkness.
phb

Postby phb » 21 Oct 2019, 12:51

Just as a quick note, [Release] [Release] releases all playbacks at the current release priority or lower (see the priority softkey in the Release menu) - so to prevent everything from going dark you could have recorded a (e.g.) Very High priority playback with some lights in it then used [Release] [Release] to release everything else.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites