Show incompabilty after update from 11. to 11.3

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ehal_no

Show incompabilty after update from 11. to 11.3

Postby ehal_no » 12 May 2019, 17:32

Hi
After updating 2 different PC's from 11.1 to 11.3 I get error message when loading show:
An error occurred loading or saving the show:
An unecpected fault occurred: File version 77 is incompatible with current software

What to do with this issue?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Show incompabilty after update from 11. to 11.3

Postby niclights » 12 May 2019, 17:49

I think the error message could perhaps be more helpful here. Are you trying to load an autosave? Autosaves are compact versions for efficiency and are not compatible across versions. Initial and Quick save should be ok. If you are using an Autosave and need that then the solution is to revert to the version it was saved in, load and then save again, either as a quick save or as an initial (ie. a new name).
ehal_no

Re: Show incompabilty after update from 11. to 11.3

Postby ehal_no » 12 May 2019, 20:27

I am not surprised. After few minutes I got an answar from Niclights. I did not have the necessary knowledge abount autosave format differing from version to version. And right - I loaded an autosave version. I also got problems with the interface against Capture Solo 2018. So to reach my goal with the actual design, I left 11.3 and installed 11.1 again on one of the two PC's. Further testing will be done after finishing the actual project.
Thanks Niclights - new lesson learned :-)