update rollcue pearl

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

lj bjorn

update rollcue pearl

Postby lj bjorn » 05 Jun 2004, 13:11

What about this update. let me know

Im working with multiple users on one pearl, but what about the labels on the roll cue???
You can't change the rollcue every time you load another show.

Why just remove the rollcue, place tree displays that are also used in the saphirre, place a page selection roller, rewrite a piece of software and your ready to go.
it's very easy to remove the rollcue and place an display module instead. And from then on every show has it's own labels shown in the display.

[/img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/lj_bjorn/foto/prl.JPG[img]
Proto_Cool

Postby Proto_Cool » 12 Jun 2004, 23:55

Congratulations, lj bjorn.

I think yours is a really good and interesting idea.

And also I think it should not be much difficult for AVO to develope it, as they have the half of the job already done: the legends for the memories and chases are working since a long time in the Simulator's software.

When are these legends going to be working with the real desk's software ???

From here, my support to your proposal.

P.D. As your link was not working due to wrong syntax, I repeat it here for the picture to be shown.

Proto_Cool
richard

Pearl idea

Postby richard » 17 Jun 2004, 17:57

Thanks for your idea re replacing the roller with a display.

The biggest problem is finding a suitable screen with sufficient pixels across and the right size to fit in the space.

We need a screen about 300mm by 60mm and able to display about 90 characters across. Each character needs a minimum of 5 pixels giving a requirement of 450 pixels.

I am assuming that there will be sufficient vertical pixels.

The 'wing' space is also very limited especially left and right.

I have always been on the look out for a suitable screen which is bright enough for outside use, with a good angle of viewing, operates over a wide enough temperature range (outside on a hot day) but not yet found one. If you know one then please let me know.

I will keep looking and researching anyway, but don’t hold your breath!

Ric
lj bjorn

Postby lj bjorn » 24 Jun 2004, 14:57

are the display that are used in the saphire not useable?
i tought they've got 5 faders beneeth the display so 3 of these display is enough.
about the wing space, i doesn't have to be a realy big wheel as used, it could also be a small scroll wheel just a bit bigger as a mouse scroll wheel.

lj bjorn
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 06 Jul 2004, 17:18

This post has been moved from a different topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mattbrown wrote:

Does anybody know if Avolites are planning on changing the Pearl 2004 to LCD screens rather then the 'outdated' rolercue! If they could change it on the shapphire they must be able to change it on the pearl!

Anybody like to see LCD screens instead? Maybe they might release one at Plasa this year?