Shape and effect BUG

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

bercic

Shape and effect BUG

Postby bercic » 05 Apr 2019, 11:03

hello

i noticed a bug that when you have a shape stored on a fader and have the shape size fixed and shape speed on fader options enabled, the shape size is not fixed if you have it in fade mode 1 timed fade in and out with fade time 0.

Best, Urban
Gregory

Re: Shape and effect BUG

Postby Gregory » 05 Apr 2019, 15:28

This is actually intended behaviour, if a cue is set to mode 1, 2 or 3 it automatically sets both size and speed to follow the fader regardless of the settings in Playback Options. This was reported as a bug nearly 10 years ago however it was decided then that the behaviour was correct. Perhaps it is time for this to be reviewed however by this point there may be many shows that either intentionally or unintentionally depend on the way it works now which could be broken. It may be worth noting that when key frame shapes were added the decision was made not to follow the mode and only follow the settings in Playback Options.
bercic

Postby bercic » 05 Apr 2019, 16:06

Thank you for the reply.

Guess i will have to use key frame shapes. But that solves only the dimmer shapes half way. I like the shapes more because they add or subtract to the current value.

Best,
U.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 05 Apr 2019, 16:08

If you don't need a fade out time you can set the cue to mode 0 and then set the size/speed options as required.
bercic

Postby bercic » 05 Apr 2019, 17:29

I know. I am writing because i would like it for smoother transitions on slow gigs and events. But that is just a preference not a need.
Thank you anyway.