Can anybody help?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kay

Can anybody help?

Postby kay » 08 Sep 2006, 15:29

Hi, I need a personality file for some LED lite which i'm trying out.
Hope somebody can help me write the personality.
it has 6 Channels.

CH1- DIMMER
CH2-FLASH/STROBING
CH3-COLOR
CH4-RED
CH5-GREEN
CH6-BLUE

I'm not really sure abt writing personality files.All the information i can provide is as above.its for pearl2004 or azureshadow.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 08 Sep 2006, 15:58

You should request this on our Fixture Personality website here:

http://www.avolitesdownload.com/PersonalityLibrary/Default.asp
Avolites Software Team
kay

Postby kay » 08 Sep 2006, 17:59

I did try and request but after i press the "Send Request" button it had some error on page.

This is wat showed up:

Server Error in '/PersonalityLibrary' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Sep 2006, 16:53

It is quite easy to find a similar personality and modify it. For a 6 channel LED you could try Showtec LED type fixtures as a base. Given that this has a dimmer you would want to assign dimmer as HTP and the other channels as LTP (RGB onto the normal CMY will give options for colour shapes). The syntax is in the personality file.

Incidentally what is the fixture? I'm always interested in ones that actually provide a separate dimmer to the RGB.

If I have time I will quickly do one for you, but I suggest you have a go!
kay

Postby kay » 09 Sep 2006, 23:31

hi niclights, am not sure wats the fixture.had a demo piece from someone.
the brand was FASEF i think.well the wordings looked like that to me.
Anyways, i'm not too familiar with editing the personality files and don't know much abt modifying it. pls do mail me at erkamal@hotmail.com if u have time to do one for me.Thanks.
kay

Postby kay » 13 Sep 2006, 17:50

anybody any suggestions?
Vincent

Postby Vincent » 14 Sep 2006, 07:43

I sent you a personality file on erkamal@hotmail.com 2 day ago. Please check it out.
Ed

Postby Ed » 14 Sep 2006, 10:17

kay wrote:I did try and request but after i press the "Send Request" button it had some error on page.

This is wat showed up:

Server Error in '/PersonalityLibrary' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Strange, what browser are you using?

If you need personalities urgently and for whatever reason you can't seem to use the website, please e-mail David (davidmilligan <at> avolites dot com) - he's our new Fixture Support Engineer.
Avolites Software Team
kay

Postby kay » 14 Sep 2006, 16:22

Vincent wrote:I sent you a personality file on erkamal@hotmail.com 2 day ago. Please check it out.

Hi Vincent I checked my mail.Didn't receive any mail regarding the personality file.Can you please send again.Thanks.
kay

Postby kay » 14 Sep 2006, 16:33

Ed wrote:Strange, what browser are you using?

If you need personalities urgently and for whatever reason you can't seem to use the website, please e-mail David (davidmilligan <at> avolites dot com) - he's our new Fixture Support Engineer.

Hi Ed, I've figured why that happened.I didn't select any manufacturer so there was a runtime error.I tried again with a manufacturer this time and it worked.thanks.
Vincent

Postby Vincent » 17 Sep 2006, 20:58

Strange, I sent it to erkamal@hotmail.com. Oh well, I resent it. Maybe hotmail doesn't like attachments bearing a .r20 extension.
kay

Postby kay » 05 Oct 2006, 10:09

Hi Vincent, well i guess thats really strange as i didn't receive any mails from you.But anyway the avolites team has already sent me and they have uploaded into the fixture library.

But the file has to be further edited.I'm not too sure of editing the file so i've requested them to edit for me.

The problem: when i press 'locate fixture', it should open white but now it is strobing with rainbow colour. and i couldn't control the fading of the intensity on the fader.
Aruvin

LED LIGHTS Problem

Postby Aruvin » 08 Oct 2006, 16:39

HI Kay,

I am sure u will be having problem with ur LED Lights even if u get the patch correct on the avolites console.. :twisted:

Problems like flickering on the led lights once a while can be a pain in trouble shooting.. :lol:

From wat I find out thru experience, ur LED Lights may not be able to keep up with the dmx speed on the avolites console or rather most high profile console thus causing the problem..

Try using a low output dmx speed consle IE: the Jands 12 or if u get hold of a LANBOX or similar that can help u to slow down the dmx :twisted:

Cheers..hope it helps :lol:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Oct 2006, 19:52

I have never come across such problems with any LED fixtures and have used quite a wide variety.

The problem here was simply one of the wrong locate values set in personality file.

If you do happen to experience this you can change the DMX framerate in User Settings.
Aruvin

DMX Frame Rate

Postby Aruvin » 09 Oct 2006, 05:16

niclights wrote:I have never come across such problems with any LED fixtures and have used quite a wide variety.

The problem here was simply one of the wrong locate values set in personality file.

If you do happen to experience this you can change the DMX framerate in User Settings.

Hi Nic,

had already got the patch and locate values rite, also

i had tried patching 6 dimmer ch to control the led lites and still had the flickering problem.. but it work fine with the jands stage 12 or the jands ESPII. :?

also, had tried the DMX Frame rate on the avolites console, the default frame rate is 189mcS on the console(If tats wat u meant). Tried lowering the value and also tried increasing it, but still got no effect on the LED Lights..(It still flickers..)