Excluding some fixtures from colour palette

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

samrbradley

Excluding some fixtures from colour palette

Postby samrbradley » 08 Mar 2019, 02:44

So I want to program a magenta colour palette that is only applied to my set of LED battens and does not alter the colour of my par 64 LEDs. Any tips on excluding the pars from this palette would be great. Thank you!
Gregory

Re: Excluding some fixtures from colour palette

Postby Gregory » 08 Mar 2019, 10:17

Palettes can be recorded in three modes: Global, Shared and Normal. Global palettes apply to all fixtures patched, shared apply to any fixtures of the same type that were recorded into them and normal only work on the specific fixtures you recorded into the palette. Colour palettes are usually global by default so either change the setting at the point you record it (to shared or normal) or there is a user setting to change what it selects by default.

Palettes can contain multiple types of information including shared information for more than one type of fixture or any combination of global, shared and normal information: more specific information, e.g. normal, takes precedence. There is an indicator in the corner of the palette to show what type it is or you can press View and then select the palette to see its contents.