Quartz Dongle not found!

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Quartz Dongle not found!

Postby djsky » 05 Mar 2019, 19:41

Done a recovery 11.1 install on my Quartz, it got to the panel upgrade part, and now the Go and Locate red lights flixker, alternating with the 10 blue fader lights.

Shows “Dongle not found!” And now usb expert panel only shows one connected panel “Quartz Auxiliary panel 1” rather than the other two I’m sure I’ve seen before.

There doesn’t appear that I can perform any other functions.
Gregory

Re: Quartz Dongle not found!

Postby Gregory » 06 Mar 2019, 01:25

It sounds like the panel has not programmed correctly. You will probably need to manually put the panel into boot mode which you can do by pressing the boot button on the back of the panel (inside the console) and then pressing the reset button which is the hole near to Executor 20 on the front. This should make the panel appear in USB Expert Console at which point you can go to the Service tab and use the Program button to reprogram the firmware. The file you should use is C:\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\UsbExpert\Panel Software\qz_mb.bin.
djsky

Re: Quartz Dongle not found!

Postby djsky » 06 Mar 2019, 06:05

Ok... pressing (and holding) the boot switch under around the right hand side of the faders pops up the “boot panel (217)” into boot mode. Programmed it with that file, but as soon as I exit boot mode by selecting “exit boot” it disappears and am back to the single “Quartz auxiliary panel 1” and the flashing lights sequence.