Titan connecting to Capture Solo 2018

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ehal_no

Titan connecting to Capture Solo 2018

Postby ehal_no » 24 Jan 2019, 16:35

I've bought Capture Solo 2018 and have some problems with the connection between Titan 11.1.26.5 and Capture. Following the Capture Live: Avolites Titan Special webcast (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhA6SOd ... e=youtu.be) should be relatively simple. The dimmer patches syncronises between the tools. But DMX intensities does not work well.

When using one spesific PC for Titan and my own PC for Capture, the attached DMX Settings shows up. To reflect DMX from Titan in Capture, it is necessary to use Art-Net Node Capture(...):Universe 0. Running both tools in same PC, only Art-Net Node Broadcast: Universe 0 shows up. And using that node gives no DMX to Capture from Titan. Using a third PC for Titan gives the same result wit only Art-Net Node Broadcast: Universe 0 showing up.

All three PC's has the same Network spesification.

1) Why is the Art-Net DMX Node different from the spesific PC for the two other?
2) How to get the Capture Art-Net Nodes into DMX Settings for the oher PC's

Regards Eystein L.
Attachments
DMX Settings.PNG
DMX Settings.PNG (61.08 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
ehal_no

Re: Titan connecting to Capture Solo 2018

Postby ehal_no » 24 Jan 2019, 17:18

New attachment showing Art-Net Node connected to Dmx Lines.
Attachments
DMX Settings.jpg
DMX Settings.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
ehal_no

Re: Titan connecting to Capture Solo 2018

Postby ehal_no » 24 Jan 2019, 21:57

After working with the problem, I found that the PC coworking wit Capture differed from the others in lacking WIFI-NIC. So I disabled the WIFI on my laptop and configured Art-Net Node as shown in the new attatchment. Now it is working with Broadcast: Universe 0.

The main issue with the poor working Titan - Capture communication seems to be solved. And that is essensially enough. But I still wonder why there are Capture-related nodes in the Desktop PC when they are missing on the laptops.
Attachments
DMX Settings working with Capture Solo 2018.JPG
DMX Settings working with Capture Solo 2018.JPG (100.17 KiB) Viewed 2705 times