Help with Fanning

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

dk16jones

Help with Fanning

Postby dk16jones » 14 Jan 2019, 22:31

Hi

I've upgraded to Titan V11.1 today on my PC and using the simulator to put together my next show file. I cant get my head around the fan mode. Sometimes my lights fan out, sometimes they don't. Other times they do odd things, like every other light is in mirror.

At the moment I'm selecting a group (which has the fixture order set to 1-4 / left to right), hitting locate, right click the fan button to get it to stick down and then tilting forward. They all move forward together in a line with no difference between them. But when I did this an hour ago, they all fanned forward. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

As a side note - if I set a fixture order in a group, can I also set a layout for pixel mapping? At the moment, when I change the fixture layout - the fixture order also changes to a different order than what I've previously set.

Thanks
Dan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Help with Fanning

Postby niclights » 14 Jan 2019, 23:03

For fan two possibilities immediately spring to mind:

1) How are you adjusting tilt? Currently the sliders in the Attribute Editor are absolute and will therefore ignore fan. If you use the wheels it will apply the fan. I'm away from a machine at the moment but I'm fairly sure it should also work when hovering over the control and using a mouse wheel.

2) What is the group mode in? While holding the fan button there are various softkey options. If it is set to [Fan Group as Fixture] then all the fixtures within a group will move the same.

Note that you can change the fan mode to latch so you don't have to right-click to enable in Titan Simulator (although you do still need to do this to access the menu itself).

Fixure order and layout are effectively the same thing where the layout is a 2D version.